"Failed to create empty document"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Failed to create empty document"

This morning half my layout loaded then a popup appeared with this: "Failed to create empty document". After numerous attempts at clearing it, this error message appeared (below) then esignal shut down. Now my layout's completely trashed; I have to open each individual file to rebuild it.

Build 544. It's been running well for over 2 weeks now this. Any suggestions as to what the hell happened??
    Attached Files

TechAnalysis,

Hard to say what caused the problem based on the error message alone. Could you zip up and attach your layout and each individual window files? This way we can try open them here to duplicate the error, and we can better evaluate what is going on.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

One other method for capturing additional information about the crash is by using Dr. Watson, which is included with the Windows OS. To activate this, go to Start - Run, and type in "drwtsn32". When a crash occurs and Dr. Watson is active, a very detailed log file will be recorded.

Posting (or emailing/pm'ing) a Dr. Watson log will also assist further in troubleshooting the issue.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Working...
      X