regression trend channels & Pearson's R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regression trend channels & Pearson's R

one brief question and one suggestion to follow.
    I'm hoping someone can clarify an item in regression trend channels - with Pearson's R active, is the strength rating calculated based on the end bar? that's my guess, want to be sure.

also, maybe in the next build you could make regression channels more fine tune-able -
    *make the placement of the end bar interactive, an option to make current bar remain the end bar, or locked on a selected bar.
    *an option to end the channel (drawing it like a segment, not a ray).
    *placement of the strength rating moveable (for visibility).

thanks in advance for the help!

Hello tweak,

Thank you for your suggestions. They are all great enhancements to the Regression Channel tool. I'll pass these along to our development team. If you have any further suggestions you would like to pass to them directly, you can email [email protected].

Regarding your question about Pearson's R, I am researching this with our Advanced Get team, and will get back to you as soon as I can.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

The Pearson's R rating is generated from the beginning point to the end point of the calculation. My understanding all data bars entered into the calculation plays a role in determining the Pearson rating value. In a limited sense the end bar does determine the value. This is one reason why one might wish to periodically recalculation manually generated RTC's as more data becomes available, particularly if you are using a high Pearson rating as a trade trigger. A recalculation may be necessary to maintain rating change accuracy when new data comes in.

If interested in some more general information about the AGET Regression Trend Channel (RTC) and Pearson rating to help explain the tool:

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...RTC&groupid=20

As a final comment, in line with your RTC suggestions, there is an AGET feature being developed called "Auto Trend Channel" which when introduced you will appreciate. It will allow for the start and stop calculations to be interactive.

Your suggestion for an option to "end the channel... like a segment" line is a very good idea, and is on my list too!!!

Thanks for your input, hope this helps too.
      Last edited by MR; 03-05-2003, 10:56 AM.
      Marc

Comment

The Pearson's R rating is generated from the beginning point to the end point of the calculation. My understanding all data bars entered into the calculation plays a role in determining the Pearson rating value. In a limited sense the end bar does determine the value. This is one reason why one might wish to periodically recalculation manually generated RTC's as more data becomes available, particularly if you are using a high Pearson rating as a trade trigger. A recalculation may be necessary to maintain rating change accuracy when new data comes in.

If interested in some more general information about the AGET Regression Trend Channel (RTC) and Pearson rating to help explain the tool:

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...RTC&groupid=20

As a final comment, in line with your RTC suggestions, there is an AGET feature being developed called "Auto Trend Channel" which when introduced you will appreciate. It will allow for the start and stop calculations to be interactive.

Your suggestion for an option to "end the channel... like a segment" line

Thanks for your input, hope this helps too.
        Marc

Comment

thanks for the help, and the link. I'm always looking forward to new developments!
          regards

Comment

Working...
          X