X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple symbols - a question

Hello,

I wonder if it is possible to do the following operation in Esignal 7.6:

I want to have the following symbols charted in the same advanced chart window: $compq, $addq, $declq.

I then want the $compq symbol to be charted as a candlestick and for the two other symbols I am only interested in seeing their moving averages of say 13 periods drawn in the chart (in different colours). Is this at all possible? How do I do it?

In other words: Is it possible to use indicators for the other symbols (not only the first symbol) when you use multiple symbols?

I would be grateful if someone could give me an answer.

thanks

Dr Zoom
    You cannot apply indicators to the symbols added through Multiple Symbols. However it is possible through efs.
    Alex

Comment

aahh, to bad! But thanks for the very quick reply!

Do you, or anyone else, know of an EFS that makes this operation possible?

regards

Comment

Dr Zoom
        The attached efs will plot any symbol and its average (simple or exponential) in an indicator window. You can then overlay them on the main window by clicking and dragging the indicator window while pressing the <Shift> key.
        Note that for the efs to work correctly the Time Template must include only the hours in which both symbols are trading.
        Alex
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much!

However, is there an easy way for my to change the code so that I can have different colours for the price line and for the Movering average line?

The reson for this question is that I only want to see the moving average lines for $add and $decl in my chart (I want to hide or "get rid of" the price lines). The $add and $decl symbols are very much all over the chart and therefore I would only like to have the moving average line plotted so that it is easier to read the chart.

So if this is possible at all I would be most grateful.

thanks

Comment

Dr Zoom
            The attached revision includes the options to switch off and/or color the individual plots
            Alex
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X