Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Manager

Hello,

I'm using version 7.4 (Build 258) of the esignal Data Manager with TS2K.

I'm trying to improve the performance of TS2k as it hogs the CPU time during fast market conditions by turning off virus-scanning of data written to/read from the HD. I've already done so with the Globalserver pds directory.

So my question is does the esignal data manager write/read from the HD during realtime tick collection as it passes the data to GlobalServer, and if so what directories should i not scan for.

Thanks
    Bing

Bing
    While waiting for a reply from eSignal you may also want to consider that some of the issues you are seeing with TS2k may be related to the symbols you are using and how they are set up in TS2k..
    For example do you have any electronically traded futures in GlobalServer's Portfolio and are they set up as Futures? If yes then you may want to read the TS2k - High CPU usage with mini futures.mht document in HTML format that is available here
    A better solution to that problem than the one that is suggested is to set up all electronically traded futures as either Index or Stocks. For more on this topic you may want to run some searches in the TradeStation 2000 Forum here in the Bulletin Board. For an example of how to set up the emini S&P as a Stock or Index click here and download the HTML document Setting up ES as Stock or Index.mht
    Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for your reply. I actually am aware of that problem and adjusted my FUTURES types to all Index that I currently track.

I'm just trying to squeeze some additional performance... It seems that TS2K is not written very efficiently.

Cheers,
      Bing

Comment

Working...
      X