Sharing Layouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing Layouts

If I generate a Layout consisting of a quote window and a series of 10 charts of some commodity. The charts all use a specific efs like CCI for their indicators. Now, I want to send that layout to other people. How can this be done. ?
    Second question Can a layout be completely described in an efs which could be easily shared?

Hi venture99,

Sending just the layout file won't provide the recipient with the files that make up the layout.

Each file in the layout will need to be included so that the person you are sending to receives the complete work. For example, if there are four Advanced Charts, a Market Depth window and a Time and Sales window, each of these files will need to be included. The layout file will simply remember the size, position and orientation of the file set. Any EFS studies that are running on the Advanced Chart window will need to be included unless the recipient has that exact EFS file already. The same is true for any alerts. I've including a link to a Knowledge Base Article that discusses the different files types for the various windows and their respective extensions. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X