Problem with opening Renko charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with opening Renko charts

I am a Forex trader trying to find out if Renko charts have any merit in medium term trends. The problem is I cannot open Renko charts. Actually I can open one pair, the GBP/JPY. This pair will open as a Renko chart, but all other currency pairs only produce a blank page. This is totally weird.
    I have no problem whatsoever opening all instruments as candle line or bar charts, but Renko, no!
    When suddenly the GBP/JPY did work (do not ask me why) I thought I save the settings as a style template, in case I get the settings wrong with the other currency pairs. But to no avail. When I open let's say the EUR as a candle chart it works fine, if I then click Renoko style or load the saved style template, only a blank page comes up. And I have tried all time settings from 1 minute to 1 day. Nothing!
    Any idea why Esiganl behaves so strange, letting me work with one currency as a Renko chart, but refuses all other pairs as Renko style?

I have played with the settings a bit more and it seems that all JPY crosses as well as the JPY itself are working just fine with Renko style charts.
    All other currencies do not work. Either I get a blank page as mentioned before or, as in the case with the EUR, I get attached weird looking chart, but which has the identical settings I use on the JPY crosses with success.
    Has someone any idea what is going on here? On these weird charts I do not even get a simple indicator right, as you can see with the Jurik, nor would the price at the right side or the date at the bottom show. Very weird, if you ask me.
    Attached Files

Comment

Tekunda
      In the chart you posted you are using a Box Size of 0.2 and the chart in fact plots two boxes between 1.5 and 1.9 approximately which is correct.
      The reason the same settings work fine on a chart for JPY is that those crosses are all in the 100+ price range
      Try increasing the number of decimals ie making the Box Size 0.02 or even 0.0002 (depending on the interval). For example the screenshot below is for a 60 min chart EURAUD with a Box Size of 0.002
      Alex

Comment

Working...
      X