Automate trendline drawing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automate trendline drawing

Does anyone know if someone has programmed efs that will make drawing trendlines automatic? If not, would this be possible in esignal? Which efs functions would I need to use to program this?
    I have used trend_line_alert_2.efs which is very helpful but I need to select which points the lines are drawn.

Many thanks,

baldur
    Attached Files

Baldur,

Looking at the code for this study, the price magnet feature is turned on. You can alter the beginning and end points of the line by moving the cursor to the high, low, open or close of the two bars in which the line is drawn. It's not as specific as drawing a basic segment line, but as it is mainly used for the alert capabilities, it should work for you. It takes some practice to refine the "touch", but it works pretty well beyond that. Let me know if still have issues making it work.

Comment

Thanks for your reply DuaneG,

I have been using this efs with out problems as well this code I attached which draws fib levels automatic.
      What I was interested to know is if it would be possible to have esignal drawing trendlines automatic with options to short/medium/long term trend.
      Not sure which functions I would need to use to find the points where the trendline would be drawn.
      Also interested if anyone knew about efs that did this already.

Hope you understand my quest )

Many thanks,

Baldur
      Attached Files

Comment

how do i use these?

I downloaded these 2 formulas, but when i activate them, nothing happends.

Thanks
        FURIO

Comment

DRDTRI,

Both of the EFS studies require that you double click on some end point for the lines to be drawn. In the case of Fibonacci EFS, you will want to choose a high or low point, double-click and the retracement levels will be displayed. In the case of the alert line EFS, you will double-click on a high/low point, and then double click on the ending area where you want to draw the line. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X