Update indicator on last bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update indicator on last bar

Earlier my indicators in the "Formulas" folder would update on the last (active) bar on minute and tick charts. I've had a break for about 2 months now, and after installing 7.7 I notice that the indicator will now not draw on the last bar.

What happened?

I was sure there was an option to set "update indicator on last bar", but it seems to not exist.

ss

sskappel
    In the main menu select Tools->EFS->Settings and in the Performance section of the Formula Engine Settings window uncheck Make all formulas compute on close
    Alex

Comment

Thanks!

I got a "This feature is currently not available with eSignal" from Liverep, but found it hard to believe.

How will the tick-by-tick option affect backtesting? Will it lock "inside the bar" or will backtesting still be computed only on the final close?

ss

Comment

sskappel
        Back testing runs on a completed bar as there is no way to define within a bar what the market flow was.
        Having said that you can establish entry/exit points on any price within a bar ie you are not limited to using OHLC only.
        Alex

Comment

Good! That's what I hoped for.
          "look inside bar" could work by checking shorter time frames and tick-data. Tradestation has this option. But it's not a feature I currently find interesting.

ss

Comment

Working...
          X