Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RealTime Traders News

Hello,

There seems to be a discrepancy in the descripton of the RealTime Traders Newswire in the lastest Exchange email and what is posted on the following link: http://www.esignal.com/esignal/featu...altimenewswire

In this link, there is no mention of economic news release, however the 10/06/04 Exchange email states that this service offers "economic releases"

So does this RealTime Traders Newwire offer realtime economic news releases such as things like: Consumer Confidence, INitial Claims, ISM, Unemployment Rate, etc.?

I downloaded esignal 7.7 which includes 1mth free of RealTime Traders News, and i have configured it to scan "Economic News: US Economic & Monetary Indicators" under the "Category" drop down box but it did not seem that it was able to display the "Initial Claims" numbers that were released 8:30am EST today.

If not, what is the minimum cost news service that will offer such information.

Great question etrader. The reason those headlines did not come up is because many news services don't categorize their headlines. Dow Jones has a procedure that they use for categories with their news services, and while some news services adhere to that, others do not.

RealTime Traders News does carry this critical economic information, and it can be found by typing in a keyword or two. For example, I selected the RealTime Traders News selection under Service, and then typed in "claims" into the Keyword field. Here's what I saw.
    Attached Files
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Thanks JayF!

That does work indeed!

Another question for you... it looks like "Keyword" field accepts 21 characters max. and accepts multiple keywords separated by spaces but it also looks like you have to type in the exact keyword; it does not perform substring matches.

So if there are going to be multiple economic releases out at the same time, other than opening multiple news manager windows:

1)how can you enter multiple keywords to matchfor if it exceeds 21 characters totoal, and

2)how can you perform substring keyword matches so in the event that the news release may use a shortened/lengthened description that doesn't match exactly the keywords. In such case, a substring search would be more useful. Ie. instead using keywords "Consumer Confidence" we could use something like "Cons Confid"

Thanks!

Comment

The keyword field actually searches for partial string matches, however it doesn't handle multiple strings very eloquently yet. For example, we just had the unemployment numbers this morning, but if I type in "unemploy" I get results for unemployed or unemployment, etc. However, if I type in "unemploy rate", I get no results. I believe that the partial search is only done on the entire string typed into the keyword field.

I think what we're getting at is full support for more complex searches (i.e. AND/OR, Phrase searches). This may rely on changing the way our database works or it may not. Having to do so, would be a much more complex enhancement. Either way, I'll submit this to our Product Development Team for consideration. If you'd like to submit your own, or have any further suggestions or comments, please feel free to email them direct at [email protected] .
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Working...
        X