Bugs in 7.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugs in 7.7

I recently downloaded 7.7 and was extremly disappointed to discover that several bugs I have complained about previously as far back as 7.5 were stilll present.

In particular the bug with Hang Seng daily bars doubling up.

I have attached three charts to display the bugs. Also under the help menu, you have the FAQ section still list for 7.5 instead of 7.7
    Attached Files

bugs

Symbol search funtion
    Attached Files

Comment

bugs

Date time bug
      Attached Files

Comment

See bottom post first

Comment

The most frustrating thing about the date time bug is that it sets all the data in my efs studies back to zero, so the readings are usless.

Comment

Hi Runningbear,

I suspect that issues 1 and 3 are more server related than software related so they may be unaffected by version upgrades. We'll check next week and get back to you.

In terms of issue 2, from your screenshot, it appears you are searching based on symbol rather than keyword. Check out the search below using keyword.

For more on Symbol Searching, please review KB Article 1642.

Thanks.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Scott,

It's been a week now. I'm just wondering if your tech guys have looked at this data server problem yet and if their is a fix in sight?

Thanks,

Runningbear

Comment

Hi Runningbear,

I'll check again next week and let you know. Thanks for the follow-up. Can I assume the Symbol Search is working OK?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Runningbear,

I've been working with the issues you mentioned earlier and wanted to give you an update to where each one stands.

1. FAQ's Link:

I have attached three charts to display the bugs. Also under the help menu, you have the FAQ section still list for 7.5 instead of 7.7.
                  Looking through the Help menu in eSignal 7.7, I didn't see a specific link to the FAQ's. Here are the selections from the pull-down Help menu. If you could let me know where you are seeing the references to eSignal 7.5, I'll work to insure that it gets corrected ASAP.

2. In regards to the Symbol Search, there are a couple of modifications that can be made when searching for issues under a given exchange. I altered the preferences of the Symbol Search to provide the desired results. In this case, I chose the Filters Only option. You may want to check out the Knowledge Base article that Scott pointed out in a previous post.

3. Duplicate Bars

I have gotten word back from the QA department regarding this issue and the changes are in process to prevent this going forward. We are also going through the various Hang Seng products to insure that this is corrected. I'm still working with the EuroSTOXX example you provided, as soon as I have an update to the status of this issue, I'll respond back to this thread. Thanks for the screenshots and the detailed information you provided.

Comment

Working...
                  X