Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start and End Time

Hi,

I'm having a problem setting the Start and End time for Advanced Charts. I set up the Time Template to show 9:30 to 16:00 but for many symbols (equities) I'm still getting extended hours bars showing. This is the case for both NYSE and NAS. Is anyone else experiencing this? How can I get the chart to fix to the above times?

Thanks,
    Eyal

Eyal
    Can you post an image of a chart where you are seeing this problem?
    Make sure that in the image the title of the chart is visible (shown by the red arrow in the first image below).
    If you can also post an image of the Time Template you have applied to the chart.
    Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

Here's the screen capture. It appears that cycling through different Time Templates has no effect on the chart. I have a few templates set up and choosing a different template does not change the interval nor bar count or session times.

This is happening with other Advcharts I have open as well.

Rgds
      Eyal
      Attached Files

Comment

Eyal
        If you look at the title of your chart you will see that the Start/End times are 00:00-24:00.
        Change the chart interval to 5 minutes and apply the 3 Days Time Template you are showing in the screenshot and you will see that it will show only the bars in between 9:30 and 16:00 (note that these times are referred to your computer time not the exchange time)
        The reason why the 10 minute chart is not using those Start/End times is because in that Time Template you have not defined the Start/End times for that interval or for the Intraday Default (which would be used by all intervals not specifically defined)
        For more information on Time Templates you may want to read this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
        Alex

Comment

Alex,

Yes I can see why it's doing it now. When I changed the settings to Intraday Default it worked fine. Based on the KB the User Defined is only applicable to D,W,M. This wasn't mentioned in the Help about Time Templates which merely says:

"4 You may change the Default Type, Interval, number of days or start and end times."

Anyways, thanks for your quick help with this.

Rgds
          Eyal

Comment

Eyal
            Actually User Defined can be applied to any interval including D, W or M. With these and with tick based charts (intervals P, T, V or S) you cannot define a Start/End time but you can define the number of days being loaded.
            Alex

Comment

Managed to get it working correctly.

Thank you.
              Eyal

Comment

Working...
              X