Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Hang Seng futs

From Elite:

1) Charts containing HSI never load on startup. They have to be refreshed manually.
    2) Data for the prior month for this product is not available.
    3) The Auto template containing automatic start/end times for this product excludes the first fifteen minutes of trading (2045EST).
    4) Tick charts do not display bid or offer information.

regards,
    Chris
    1. Yep, confirmed on my system as well. Will check the status and report back.

2. Can you clarify what you mean on this one? Are you looking for the previous contract or just last month's intraday history? Have you adjusted your time template?

3. Will look into and report back.

4. I'm seeing b/a updates for HSI Z4-HKF on a tick chart. Please go into Edit Studies, choose line/tick and make sure you have the b/a boxes checked.

Thanks.

Follow-up on #1. Yes, there does appear to be a bug on intraday charts for HSI (and a few other selected contracts) when first starting the program. Daily charts seem to work OK so there's a bug in the way the program initially sends intraday requests on a few symbols. As you know, the easy work around is to refresh the chart via Ctrl-OK.

For future reference, this bug is EDL 6060 (eSignal Development List). No ETA on a fix at this time.

You'll see us refer to EDL quite a bit going forward as all bugs and feature enhancements are being updated in this system. EDL has been in use internally for several years but we're now going to use it within Technical Support as well so we can keep customers more informed.

Thanks.

Comment

Follow-up on #3 - Auto Time Template issue. Now fixed and will be updated on our servers later today. Should be OK tomorrow.

Thanks.

Comment

I know I mentioned this before, but I run a 0945-1615 time template on the HSI - but I change my pc clock from EST to HKtime before loading eSignal.

Works great.

Comment

Ok, nice to see some movement on this. Thanks, Scott.

With respect to #2, I am trying HSI V2004-HKF and there is no intraday data.

#4, the lines do not update during RTH.

thanks,

Chris

Comment

Did you mean

HSI V4-hkf?

Comment

Well V is the October month, right?

I was just going by this:

http://www.esignalcentral.com/suppor...es_expired.asp
              Last edited by atlas; 11-14-2004, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the clarification. I can't get HSI V2004-HKF to pull history data either so I'll report that to QA.

We'll watch the current contract during market hours and see if we can confirm the same no b/a on our end.

Thanks.

Comment

Atlas

The point I was trying to make was the symbol is

HSI V4-hkf

not

HSI V2004-hkf

V is the symbol for October, this is correct.

Comment

ops, my bad.

Apparently the symbols of expired futures changes.

HSI v2004-hkf does appear to be the correct format.

And I was able to get Daily data but no intra day data as well.

Comment

Follow-up:

#2: No data when trying to pull up intraday history on expired HKF contracts (i.e. HSI V2004-HKF).

This turns out to be a bug in the eSignal application when it makes a request for these contracts to the tick server. EDL 5218 and we have it slated to be fixed in 7.9 (Due in Q1/Q2 of 2005).

#4: B/A lines not updating during RTH.

Still can not reproduce in-house. We'll keep trying but any other information you can provide would be helpful.

Thanks.

Comment

Still can not reproduce in-house. We'll keep trying but any other information you can provide would be helpful.
                        Really? Then what is this?

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...&highlight=hsi

Here is a pic:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Responses in red.

Originally posted by atlas
                          Really? Yep Then what is this? We believed you the first time, just haven't seen it in-house yet
                          We'll try again tonite.

Thanks.

Comment

Some further clarifications:

1) Bid/Ask quotes for HKFE are /arriving/ at eSignal. Quotewindows, etc. display just fine.
                            2) Bid/Offer lines visible on tick charts for all sessions /before/ current real-time session. I.e. right now, the lines are missing during trading. If I scroll back to Friday's session, all the information is there.
                            3) All three futures symbols (HHI, MHI, HSI) at HKFE are affected.
                            4) _Only_ HKFE's futures symbols are affected.
                            5) I am wondering if there might be something funky with my chart style/template so I have attached it just in case.
                            6) When the lines have disappeared, the volume continues to scroll by with each bid/offer update, while the price display only updates when there is a new trade. E.g. it is as if the following were checked in the 'Edit Studies' dialog.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is my default.ach
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X