Last price discrepancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last price discrepancy

Hi, I've noticed a few times that Last price appears to be different on my chart and my quote window. This difference usually remains until the next tick is updated.

I included a screen shot showing this on LGF stock today.

Regards,
    Eyal
    Attached Files

I've been watching for a discrepencie like the one in your screenshot but I haven't seen it duplicated. By the way you describe it, I take it only happens on a few occasions and the prices get back in sync pretty quick?

So we can determine is this is a local issue or a network issue, I suggest you call into Technical Support when you see the problem and compare quotes with the Tech Rep. If we can duplicate on our end, it'll be easy to report to QA. If we can't duplicate it, we'll need to run through some troubleshooting steps on your system.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Jeff,

The price will get back in sync only on a price update. I can see it now in a number of symbols after market close.

BDX Last 54.99, Chart 54.98
      CKFR Last 35.02, Chart 34.96
      CVH Last 48.40, Chart 48.34

My chart is set on 5min, 3 Days, 9:30-16:00.

It doesn't look to me like a case of network lag/latency.. but we can check on that as well.

Regards,
      Eyal

Comment

Eyal
        The differences you are seeing now are due to the fact that the prices in the Quote window include the settlement which is transmitted after the close whereas the prices in a chart with a Time Template set to end at 16:00 will cut off at market close (15:59:59). If you switch those same charts to Daily - which also includes the settlement - you should see that the prices on the charts will reflect the values in the Quote window
        Alex

Comment

Alex, that makes sense. So the main focus now is finding out why it's also happening during market hours.

Rgds
          Eyal

Comment

Eyal
            For that you may want to follow Scott Johnson's suggestion and contact eSignal's Tech Support.
            FWIW I am not seeing this issue at my end
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X