Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page within a page feature???

Hi folks,

Do you have a feature where you can have a page within a page just like TVs have a picture within a picture???

What I'd like to do is monitor the NQ futs and then restore the minipage with my favorite NDX stocks to see if there is a trade.

For instance, on the top half of the attached file, I show that the NQ has broken resistance as marked by the smaller red circle. Note that the NDX minipage is minimized in the lower right corner.

Next I would restore the minipage to show four small stock charts as shown in the bottom half of the attached file.

So what do you folks think????

Chip
    Attached Files

Chip
    That option is not available at this time. You may want to send in your suggestion to [email protected]
    Alex

Comment

Jury rig such a feature

Thanks alex. I sent my idea along...

Do you or anyone know of a way to program eSignal to jury rig such a feature until it's implemented???

thanks,

Chip

Comment

Chip
        The closest setup I can think of would be using two Layouts that contain the same exact windows except that in one Layout some windows would be minimized and in the other they would instead be visible. The drawback to this solution is that you are essentially refreshing all the charts at every switch of a Layout On the other hand the advantage is that changes to any window in one Layout appear also in all the other Layouts that use those same windows
        Alex

Comment

Response for Todd Pellizzer

Apparently eSignal is way ahead of me!!!

Subject : RE: Request for New Feature: Page within a Page

| | | Inbox

Thank you for the feedback. There are a few ways to go here. With the 8.0 release due out some time in the middle of 2005, we'll be introducing a tabbed workspace which would allow you to set up several pages in the same workspace where you can quickly switch between them without needing to load and close windows. Until then, a possible other was to do this would be to pop out all the main windows you use so that your larger page is independent of the page. The mini page as you've described could be the page with windows resident to the shell of the page. You could then minimize and restore the page as needed and leave the other windows visible on your monitor. This works fine if you aren't doing a lot of other things on the monitor, but may be cumbersome if you're also in and out of other applications.

For more information on popped out windows if that sounds workable for you, please contact the support group or take a look at the new Knowledge Base at eSignal Central.

Thank you,

Todd Pellizzer | eSignal Product Manager |

Comment

Working...
          X