Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with studies changing after close

I have noticed something recently.

I have 3 advanced chart windows open (10 min, 5 min, 1 min). The problem is when a 10 min bar closes (i.e. the current time is 9:11 AM, the 9:10 bar should be closed I would think). Even after I think that all the values for all my chart studies should be static up to that 9:10 bar, I notice chart study values still changing (i.e. Stochastics, Williams %R, RSI, etc)

Am I missing something here? Should this be happening?

I'm wondering if maybe I don't understand the creation of the time bars correctly.

If I see a 9:10 (10 min interval) bar. Did it START at 9:10 or did it END at 9:10?

After I went back and replayed a tickfile, I now understand that a 9:10 bar STARTS at 9:10 and actually closes at 9:19:59.

Am I correct? (if so, that explains my earlier stupid post)

Is it possible to have the time be the close of the bar instead?
    Last edited by GREEZEE; 11-15-2004, 12:53 AM.

Comment

GREEZEE
      With regards to the question in your first message studies will update continuously unless they are set to compute on the close of a bar only. This option can be applied either locally to a specific study or globally to all studies.
      As to your second question eSignal timestamps a bar with the time at the beginning of an interval ie in a 10 min chart the 9:10 bar covers the period between 9:10:00 to 9:19:59. As far as I know it is not possible to change the timestamp.
      Alex

Comment

You say that I can have a study compute on close (per study or globally). Where do I find that setting?

Comment

GREEZEE
          To set an individual efs to compute on close only you need to add a setComputeOnClose(); statement in the preMain section of the script.
          To set all studies to compute on close select Tools->EFS->Settings... in the main menu and put a check in Make all formulas compute on close(rather..
          Alex

Comment

Working...
          X