FLOAT - ever avail in Esignal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLOAT - ever avail in Esignal?

Will "Float" ever be available in Esignal as an available field to place on the market depth window?

Serious trading platforms allow traders to see how many shares are in the public's hands. "Float" does this. Esignal doesn't.

Time frame?

Should we just quit asking?

The request has been out there for WELLLL over a year, hasn't it?

Hi, I'm interested in having this feature as well.

Thanks.
    Eyal

Comment

All traders need to know how many shares are in the public's hands.

I don't know why (a) this issue hasn't ever been fixed (b) this thread isn't even important enough to get an Esignal reply.

Comment

Can we have the courtesy of a reply by Esignal?

Comment

n23mc,

The response I put forth in September regarding this issue is still applicable. If you have further questions about this response, please let me know. We receive literally hundreds of suggestions per month, we weight these requests based on demand and do our best to introduce them into the software.

Comment

Is there at least an ETA yet?

Should I expect it within the next 6 months?

Comment

Originally posted by n23mc
              Is there at least an ETA yet?

Should I expect it within the next 6 months?
              More than a year later still nothing... This is almost suspicious. I don't understand how such a simple addition to the quote window and yet valuable data for every trader is not available.

Comment

Hi,

We are checking with Product Development as to when that field may get added so until we hear back, please continue to reference the Float field in the S&P Compustat page (right-click on a symbol, choose Research, then S&P Compustat and scroll down to see the Float displayed).

From a larger perspective, we've had most of our engineering resources dedicated to completing the integration of FutureSource and the infrastructure improvements for 8.0 (i.e. supporting corrections, insertions, deletions, trade conditions, etc within our tick history) and we expect both of these projects to be winding down and completed by Q2 of this year. At that point, we should be able to more quickly address these smaller feature requests.

Thanks.

Comment

Follow-up:

We have to make changes in several areas to support "float" within an eSignal field (such as the detail window). It is on our suggestion list and it's likely when that section of code gets reviewed and worked on next, we should be able to add it. I'd estimate mid-year so please continue to reference the S&P Compustat page.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X