Is there daily Forex volume data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there daily Forex volume data?

My eSignal Premier with the Forex option is able to display intraday Forex volume but not the daily volume. This seems really odd because it would seem simple to add up the hourly volume totals to produce the daily total. It would help me alot to be able to see the daily totals. Is this possible to do, or scheduled to be added?

fx5678,

This would be an enhancement to the FOREX product offering. The intraday volume is actually the amount of updates that have taken place for a given day. It would take some programming resources to introduce the summation of intraday updates to form daily updates, but something definitely worth taking a look at.

Comment

FOREX volume (updates?)

What do you mean by values in the intraday volume displays as being "updates" Further how should a trader use the "update" information? I can make an AdvChart with 1440 minutes (24 hour period) and get volume bars but if it really isn't volume data then is it worth anything to me? Different question - why do the 1440 min candles look so much different than daily candles on forex data? At 1440 they look squatty with little wicks and little overlap but on regular Daily the wicks are longer and lots of day to day overlap both charts show candle period starting at midnight. Looking at a stock the candles have similar appearance.
      Thank,
      Dave

Comment

Dave
        Volume in intraday Forex charts is tick volume not actual traded contracts volume.
        Alex

Comment

I am new to thinking in terms of ticks so could use additional definition. Does tick volume mean the number of trades for each period?

Is it possible to seperate the up tick volume from the down tick volume and create a form of direction pressure?

And if we have tick volume for intraday why stop short and not provide it for daily? Is it tick volume is only used by day traders?
          Thanks

Comment

Dave

Does tick volume mean the number of trades for each period?

You may want to see the definition eSignal provides in this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase

Is it possible to seperate the up tick volume from the down tick volume and create a form of direction pressure?

This would have to be done with an efs. Also, since historical information on upticks or downticks is not available it will work only in real time

And if we have tick volume for intraday why stop short and not provide it for daily?

The answer to this was already given by Duane in an earlier message in this same thread.
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X