esignal performance now an issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• esignal performance now an issue

I've recently started seeing esignal level II quotes falling way behind (many seconds and as much as several cents on the QQQ) the market during spurts of high market activity in active issues like QQQ.

I run esignal on a 2.6 gHz p4 with 1 gig of DDR dual channel RAM, windows 2000 and the task manager is showing the CPU pegging out at 100% utilization during these problem times (which are now occuring regularly during he trading day). Meanwhile my INET bookviewers and my brokers quotes, which are fed from the same DSL connection but running on a second, SLOWER computer stay up to date.

Is it possible esignal is suffering from feature bloat to the point where it cannot keep up with the market for its most basic purpose: quotes and charts?

If I thought I could solve this problem by buying faster hardware I'd do so, but I'm running I'm already in compliance with the recommendations for power users. Also, from what I'm read the slightly faster P4s may not help much anyway.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. It just seems impossible I'm the only one running into such problems. (I have, btw, canned for viruses and spyware - my machine appears to be clean.)

MountainTrader,

The specs you provided are well within the parameters of the power user profile. One particular aspect of this issue would be the Processes running in the Task Manager. By determining how the resources are being allocated, it may help isolate where the CPU usage is coming into play. If you haven't already, you may want to read through the following article from our Knowledge Base. This should provide a good starting point to help go through the various components that can cause such a symptom.

Comment

Working...
    X