Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawings disappear

I have the following problem:

I run eSignal (7.7) on a 4-Monitor (Dual-CPU) system. There are 2 quote-windows and 4 adv. Chart-windows on each monitor.
    If I start eSignal in the morning, it needs about 8 minutes to do all the calculation in my efs. All lines are drawn properly.
    So far so good.
    If I open a new adv. Chart or select a different symbol in one of the quote-windows, all drawings in all charts disappear.
    I have to restart eSignal (and wait another 8 mins.).
    I any ideas how I can resolve this.

Thank you,
    Traveller

Hi Traveller,

There are a couple of things that come to mind as I read through what is happening here. I'm assuming that the EFS in question is built to draw lines on the Advanced Chart window; (the same lines that are disappearing). The EFS code basically re-calculates based on new symbols that are requested in eSignal. When you request a new symbol, the EFS gathers all the information that it was constructed with and then re-calculates for the new symbol. As the initial calculation takes approximately 8 minutes to load, it is re-loading when you click on a Quote Window asking for a new symbol. If you can confirm that the lines re-appear after approximately 8 minutes, it may confirm the background processes.

On a side note, 8 minutes is an extremely long time for an EFS to calculate. If you are willing to post the code for this EFS publicly, I'm sure there will be some assistance from the community to help streamline things. If you would rather keep it off the radar, you may want to enlist the help of an EFS Consultant to help streamline the code and with the understanding that the contents of the project will not be divulged. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you, I'll try that.

Traveller

Comment

Working...
      X