Playback in 7.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playback in 7.8

I have a very large Tick file, 199 Mb. It used to take about 5 mins. to load with 7.7. 7.8 has been attempting to load for over 2 hours and is still running 100% cpu. This load is also causing a lot of beeping so I had to turn off speakers. That did not happen with 7.7. I am loading using jump to a date past the end of the file. Perhaps this version recomputes all the charts after each tick?

Thanks,
    Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the details. There are a couple of aspects of this process worth checking. Have any technical studies been added to the data being downloaded? Data from the technical studies can have a pretty high impact in regards to re-loading the data for any particular symbol.

Also, is this the first instance you've had in regards to the high CPU usage? Is it easily replicated when loading different files of comparable size? For the most part, exiting eSignal and re-booting can help as it releases any processes that are running in the background that can affect the way the file behaves. Two hours at 100% is pretty extreme, any additional info you can provide on this will help the process of elimination. Thanks.

Comment

Duane,
      This process has been very stable for the last couple revs of esignal. I made no major changes in my custom indicators. This file was under 200 mb, I have another file that I have no problems with in 7.7 that is 250 mb - I did not try that one in 7.8.

The final result was that the load took 2.5 hours, than failed on 'out of memory'. However, the data that did load was usable on all but one chart "es #f, 750v", whenever I tried to refresh that one, I got 'out of memory' errors again. The state of the "es #f 5000v" was out of sync, but I was able to edit (refresh) chart and reload indicators successfully.

I have audible cues in my efs files. These were never triggered in 7.7. The load would complete, but charts were out of sync so had to refresh and reload, but never any problems. In 7.8, the audible cues were continually being triggered, which is why I think the load algorithm has changed.

Regards,
      Mike

Comment

Working...
      X