Global Alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Alerts

I use the EFS MAx2 which gives an alert when two MAs cross however, it is not a global alert, in that I have to have the page open before I get the alert, which sort of defeats the purpose of the alert. Is there a way to have this EFS do a global alert so I do not have to have the page open to get the alert.

Thank you

Hello jbfox,

In order for an EFS to process data and generate alerts, it must be actively receiving data. Therefore, the layout or page that uses the EFS must be active. When you close the layout or page, all objects within it are also closed.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thank you for your quick response Jason.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't an alert there to "alert" you when an event happens? If I already had my page or layout open I don't need the alert.

Comment

Hello jbfox,

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't an alert there to "alert" you when an event happens? If I already had my page or layout open I don't need the alert.
        Your understanding of what an "alert" is, is correct. However, in order for an EFS to generate an audible alert, for example, the EFS must be running in your application in order to see the event when it happens. If the EFS is not processing any data because you have closed the page, or the eSignal app for that matter, it's not possible for the EFS to see the event.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X