Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I close DDE Links to eSignal / Winros

hi,

on my esignal account I can watch up to 500 symbols at one time.
    I´d like to do some calculations on all stocks of the s&p500 and of the nasdaq 100.
    Therefore I wrote two Excel sheets, one for the S&P and the other with nasdaq100 symbols.
    In Excel I´m using DDE links to Winros.

First I open the S&P file and all quotes will loaded correctly.
    After that I close the S&P sheet.
    On opening the Nasdaq100 sheet each cell contains: "#Need higher symbol count in password.,"
    Normally the 500 DDE links for the S&P must had been closed, but the data - symbol list of the turbo feed data manager still contains them ( menu : data / symbols). after pressing the resetDB button the s&p500 symbols will be dismissed and I can reload the nasdaq100 excel sheet.

How could I automate the Reset of the DDE linking? How could I close a DDE link correctly ? There must be a way, because deleting a symbol from a quotesheet in esignal deletes it from the Turbo Feed Data Manager too.

Thanx for your help

ps: I´m using esignal 7.2

------------------
    As I am a German I write down my question down in German, too, may someone will answer in German:

Hallo,

ich kann maximal 500 symbole gleichzeitig mit meinem esignal account empfangen.
    ich moechte einige berechnungen auf alle s&p500 und nasdaq100 werte vornehmen.
    dafuer habe ich mir zwei excel sheets geschrieben, in dem einen sind alle s&p500 werte, im anderen alle nasdaq100.
    in excel baue ich fuer jeden wert eine DDE verbindung zu winros auf.

zuerst oeffne ich das s&p file und alle kurse werden korrekt geladen.
    dann schliesse ich das s&p file.
    wenn ich jetzt das nasdaq100 file lade, enthaelt jede zelle die meldung "#Need higher symbol count in password.,"
    normalerweise haetten alle 500 S&P DDE links geschlossen werden muessen, aber im turbo feed data manager sind die verbindungen immer noch in der symbol liste enthalten (menu : data / symbols). druecke ich den resetDB button, werden alle 500 S&P DDE verbindungen verworfen und ich kann im nasdaq100 sheet alle kurse laden.

wie kann ich das resetten der dde links automatisieren ? wie kann ich einen dde link korrekt schliessen? es muss eine loesung geben, da das loeschen eines symbols in einem esignal quotesheet auch das symbol aus dem turbo feed data manager entfernt.

thanx fuer eure hilfe

At this time, functionality to reset the DB through DDE does not exist. I have brought this to the attention of our QA and Winros developer teams, and they are discussing this further. Until new functionality can be thoroughly tested and released, the only way to not hit the symbol limit reset these symbols using the ResetDB button.

If this is too much of an inconvenience, the symbol limit can be increased through Account Maintenance.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Is there the possibility to archive unlimited symbol count - or ist the maximum 1000 ?
      For 1000 symbols my bill increses by 75 $ - how much are the additional cost for unlimited symbols ?

thx, Fortuna95

Comment

The maximum symbol limit is 1000 symbols, and as you mentioned to have that symbol limit (up from the included 500 symbols) there is an additional cost of $75 per month.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Working...
        X