X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intraday Volume Scanner

Downtickboy asks

Is there an Intraday Volume Scanner for Esignal
    I am trying to find an intraday volume scanner for Esignal where I can scan for volume right in the morning realtime. I want to be alerted to stocks who are trading abnormal volume compared to what they normally trade at that time of day. So if it is 15 minutes into the day and ABC stock normally trades 200K shares in the first 15 mins and today it has already traded 400K then I want to be alerted to this abnormal volume. It would be a similar scan to what Realtick has in the OZ scanners for volume analysis. Anys suggestions would be great.

Hi David,

The best bet at the moment would be trying the eSignal Scanner, specifically either the Rally scan or the Power Scan. You can read more about the scanners here. You'll also find a link to sign-up for a 30 day free trial of the scanners so that's a great way to test them out.

We are researching ways we can add other scanning tools within eSignal so I think you'll see more from us on this topic in upcoming releases, although I don't expect to see this addressed in either 7.3 or 7.4

Thanks.

Comment

Anyone care to comment on using the eSignal Market Scanners?

If you haven't tried them yet, please take a look at the general info page, the strategies page or the free 30-day demo sign-up page.

If you are using our scanners or have tried them recently, please let us know how they worked for you.

Thanks.

Comment

Intra Day volume scanner:

Yesterday I started a thread regarding Trade Ideas streaming alerts that are now integrated with eSignal. One of the things our software does is scan for intra day volume. We do this in two ways.

1) You can select the alert called : High Relative Volume
        http://www.trade-ideas.com/Help.html#HRV

This will spot stocks trading at unusaully high volume levels

2) You can filter any and all alerts for stocks trading a certain percentage above or below their normal volume tick by tick for this particular time of day.
        http://www.trade-ideas.com/Help.html...ecific_filters

Let me know if there are any question

Best,
        Dan
        www.trade-ideas.com

Comment

Anyone care to comment on using the eSignal Market Scanners?
          I use the AdvacedGet scanner a fair amount, and do sort the results based on heavy volume, with the idea that abvove avareage volume near swing points adds strength to the signal. So far this has worked pretty well, but I think I can increase the filters I can put on the search and really help increase the quality of the potential plays returned. The ability to filter the searches with additional metrics (like ADX, MACD, volume, market cap, etc...) provide a very powerful tool for narrowing down the quality and number of results. Very cool.

The scanner work really well, and have helped me identify trades, but the interface is a bit clunky. After you get used to it, its not so bad, but takes a bit of working with it.

I have a bit less experience with the other scanners, but if they work as well as the Advanced Get scanner, I would have to say check them out. They could add to your bad og tricks, and certainly save you a lot of time.
          Garth

Comment

High Volume Stocks

Here is a preconfigured alert window to spot stocks trading at relatively high volumes:

When you click on the link the aler window will start.

http://www.trade-ideas.com/View.php?...+Volume+Alerts

Comment

Additional Relative High Volume Filter

There is a filter in our alerts that allows you to be alerted only when an alert is triggered at the same time that the stock is trading a certain % above or below its' average volume for this time of day.

Here is the link describing this feature as well as others that relate to it.

http://www.trade-ideas.com/Help.html...ecific_filters

Comment

David
                In case you are not aware of this, tomorrow's (ie Tuesday Apr 15th) topic in the eSignal chat room is "Scanning".
                Your chance to get some answers on your question that started this thread and also get some comments in.
                Alex

Comment

David, when I asked tech support about an intraday volume scanner they acted like it was a strange idea and sent me to the EFS forum
                  I finally got a suggestion to use Power Scan, Heavy Volume. It works OK, but seems limited. I've made several suggestions for enhancements in the Power Scan forum.
                  I think I'll check out Dan's page - looks very intersting!

Comment

Working...
                  X