File share problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File share problems...

In which forum/area do I post problems with file share?

I'm getting the following when I try and post a file on the fileshare:
    "The handle is in the wrong state for the requested operation"

This could be something to do with the router/firewall at this end but I'm struggling to pinpoint where the error is.

I usually have no problems posting files on the file share and post a few every day.

Thanks
    Standing on the shoulders of giants.

wildfiction,

File Share is working ok on this side. I haven't seen this specific message before, but there are a few things worth checking.

First, is the group you are uploading to full? Also, how large is the file you are uploading. The file size limitation caps around 1 MG, so anything over that may be problematic. Also, is the file that you are uploading open somewhere else on your computer? By this I mean, is the file being used by Microsoft Photo Editor or another application? If none of these seem to be the case, please email eSignal Forums so we can take a look at things from the backend. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Duanne,

Thanks for the reply. After about 2 hours the problem disappeared and resolved itself. I think that it was a problem with my ISP.

I first searched here for those keywords but found nothing and so I posted that and then when I searched wider on the net I read some stuff that implied that this sort of error might come up if the ISP's equipment has a problem.

Thanks for your help.
      Standing on the shoulders of giants.

Comment

Working...
      X