Port 80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port 80

Is there a way to get eSignal to not grab port 80? I develop web applications that run under WebLogic. If I start eSignal when my web app is not running, eSignal takes over port 80, and when I start up my web app (which I do 50 times a day), it won't start because another process (eSignal) has got port 80. If I start the web app first, it grabs port 80, and then when I start eSignal, it starts up fine. Either it's happy to share port 80, or it dynamically chooses another port.

When I have started eSignal first, then when I'm ready to start my web app, I have to shut down eSignal, wait for the web app to start, and restart eSignal.

Hi Jim,

Not that I'm aware of but we'll check with engineering to make sure. We look for port 80 upon start-up so File Sharing, Traders Toolbox and the other embedded web links work w/in eSignal.

Thanks.

Comment

From a past life I know you can configure weblogic to use ports other than 80. You might try that.

G
      Garth

Comment

Yes, it's easy to reconfigure WebLogic to use a different port. Unfortunately, that's not an option, given the constraints of the development team I'm on.

Comment

Hi Jim, we'll get this fixed for the next version of eSignal. Q1 2005.

Comment

Thanks. Please make eSignal configurable so I can have it use something other than port 80 always. That way, it won't matter what order I start the apps in.

Comment

Hi Jim, this is done for all of the 7.9 betas. eSignal will no longer grab any port on startup.

Comment

Working...
              X