Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal v. 7.8 random errors when running efs scripts

Hello guys,

I have been using eSignal v. 7.8 and have had loads of random erros it seems with efs scripts.
    Values get drawn wrong, are out of synch, values are displayed more than once, wrong values passed to functions even tho they are right etc
    Has anyone else had any problems running efs scripts on v 7.8

Many thanks,

Baldur

Baldur
    FWIW I am running 7.8 without any problems.
    You may want to post one of the scripts that is returning incorrect values so others can try and replicate the issue(s) you are experiencing
    Alex

Comment

I sent a private detailed email to esignal expressing my disappointment at the lack of qa done on 7.8. Every member here should complain strenuously to get those problems fixed.

Comment

Hello cashcarewins/baldur,

If you post some specific details about the problems you are experiencing I can look through our developers list of bugs/requests to make sure they are aware of your specific issues. If some of the problems are related to an EFS formula you are using, please post a copy of the code here along with some details on what to look for or how to reproduce the problem. I'll do some testing on any EFS issue and if I come across something new that needs to be fixed I'll make sure it gets added to our developer lists.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Jason,
          Sent details to customer support and technical support. Biggest problems are loading 250Mb tick replay file went from 4 minutes to 2.5 hrs. Also, see my thread on how addBand and other draw priorites got messed up in new release. Further, the tick chart slippage problem supposedly fixed in 7.8 is not fixed. It is actually worst as in 7.7 there were clear visual cues when there were problems. 7.8 fixed main chart slippage, but not indicators. So now visual cues that there are problems are no longer present. I went back to 7.7 release candidate as I found this has slightly less tick slippage problems than 7.7 final.

Thanks

Comment

Hello cashcarewins,

1. Tick Replay
            Please detail the exact steps you are taking so I can try to reproduce this problem from my end. I just tested a 75MB tick playback file and it loaded in just over 2 minutes. After selecting the tick playback file I used the "to date" option and jumped to todays date. Are you loading the data with a different option?

2. addBand in 7.8
            The way that you are using addBand is not the intended usage for the function. Because of a bug that existed in versions prior to 7.8 you were able to create your desired affect by taking advantage of an existing bug. That bug was not allowing bands to appear on top of the background color of a bar set with setBarBgColor(). As strange as it sounds, you have actually become a victim of a bug fix. However, it appears that Alex provided some nice alternatives for you in that thread. I hope you found those helpful.

3. Tick Slippage / Indicator Drift
            This is a known issue and some aspects of this problem were improved in the 7.8 version but not completely fixed. Our developers just put together a new internal build for testing, which also addressed this specific issue again. Hopefully, this issue will be completely fixed for the 7.9 release. Just letting you know there has already been some work done for this problem.
            Jason K.
            Project Manager
            eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
            JavaScript for EFS Video Series
            EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
            EFS Glossary
            Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
            X