Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I download & Install Win XP ( Home ) SP2 or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I download & Install Win XP ( Home ) SP2 or not?

Hi,

I am new to eSignal & therefore read some posts to familiarize myself with Advanced Charting before getting started.

I have downloaded eSignal V. 7.8 but not installed it yet because I read in a post on this forum that people had problems with new version 7.8 if they had installed Win XP SP2.

I have win XP ( Home ) SP1.

I am not a computer expert and can't solve any complications arising from installing any new applications.

Should I download & install Win XP SP2 or not?

Also I just saw on CNBC that Microsoft has another patch over and above SP2. If that is the case what do I need to do if that is the case?

I would appreciate any help with appropriate URLs to download SP2 and other patches.

Thank You,
    Steve

Hi Steve and welcome to eSignal.

Sometimes reading through these forums and seeing one-off posts about a particular issues can be misleading. 7.8 is functioning just fine and well over 3000 users have already upgraded (per the last time I checked).

XP Service Pack 2 has been available for quite some time and that appears to function just fine with 7.7 or 7.8. I run 7.8 and SP2 at home with no problem. I'd go ahead and upgrade both and you should be fine.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Scott,

Thank you so much.

Is there a new additional patch over & above SP2 and if yes what is it and would it help further?

Have you or anybody else on this forum tried latest new patch?

Comment

Hey Steve,

I just updated per the latest Windows Update and Microsoft is indicating it has uploaded all the critical files it needs to. Still looks like SP2 to me and eSignal works just fine. Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks a million Scott. I appreciate your kind help.
          Steve

Comment

So glad to help. Please let us know if you run into any issues or have any other questions.

Take care.

Comment

Working...
            X