Reply by email "Keep Thread Line Intact"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply by email "Keep Thread Line Intact"

I have tried replying a few times to forum posts using my Outlook Express, just doing a Reply, but I don't see my post appear.

eSignal instructions are to "keep the line intact for it to work".

What does that mean? When I do a reply the old message lines all start with ">". Do I need to remove ">" form in front of the thread string? I tried that. Do I need to put the thread line in the subject of my email?

I had a message typed in a text box and could not paste it into the Post New Thread Message box. So rather than retype I thought a reply would work. Is there a secret to copying text into the Message writing area of Post New Thread?

Thanks
    Dave

Dave

I have tried replying a few times to forum posts using my Outlook Express, just doing a Reply, but I don't see my post appear.

That may happen if the email account from which you are replying is not the same as what you have in your profile in the Bulletin Board. You may want to check that.

eSignal instructions are to "keep the line intact for it to work".
    What does that mean?

It means that the line with needs to be included as is in the body of the message generated by the email client (Outlook Express, etc)
    Alex

Comment

Reply not working

Alexis,

My receiving, sending, and profile email are all the same.

I made the line the first line in my message.
      My msg does not show up in this forum.

I even checked, I am sending Plain Text, rather than html if that matters.

Any other thoughts?

I had reply on the Daily bars. Will put it in word doc and attatch, don't want to retype it into msg box.
      Dave

Comment

Working...
      X