How to display Eastern Time Session in Asia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to display Eastern Time Session in Asia

I am in Hongkong timezone and want to display both ES chart and MHI (Hang Seng Index Future) charts at the same time, each showing their own session time data only.

For ES chart, how should I set the time template?? I hv tried to set the time template as:
    - automatic start/end time
    - 10:30-5:00

I compare the charts with what I will get if I switch to RTH timezone. I found that they are not correct. thx.

Richard
    With ES the Automatic Start/End times should set the chart to 22:30-05:15 Honk Kong Time which corresponds to the RTH for CME emini futures. FYI to create the chart enclosed below I switched my computer time to Hong Kong Time (note that the last bar is actually time stamped 05:10)
    Alex

Comment

thank you.

A few more questions:
      i) HK has morning (9:30-12:30) and afternoon session (2:30-4:15). Can I define it in time template so I can take away the time in between (12:30-2:30)?

ii) How can I add a vertical line at the beginning of a calender day?

iii) Similarly, how can I add a vertical line at the beginning of a trading day?

thx.

Comment

Richard
        i) You cannot define multiple sessions in the Time Template. Irrespective I don't believe there would be an empty space.

ii) You can use the NewTradingDayMarker.efs written by JasonK and available here

iii) As above
        Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis,

I hv modified the EFS a little bit to show a vertical line.

However, sometimes the charts are not showing properly. I am using Eastern Time Zone for all charts below:

- 24Hours: the markers disappear (not ok)

- 9:30-16:15: the markers are there (ok)

Pls advise. thx.

Richard
          Last edited by Richard Yu; 01-22-2005, 12:27 AM.

Comment

the efs file...
            Attached Files

Comment

When I watch the HSI, I change my pc's clock to Hong Kong time, when I watch the es I change the clock to EST.

Makes the Time Template issue much easier, for me any way.

HSI - 9:45 - 16:15
              ES - 9:30 - 16:15

And I have two workspaces, one for HSI one for ES.

Each workspace has it's own Time Template.

I am not sure, but perhaps the 24 hour template does not have a bar that meets the criteria in the line

if(barHr >= nHr && barMin >= nMin && barSec >= nSec) {

Infact, I added

debugPrintln(barSec, barMin, barHr)

and see that the values reorted are

so the criteria is not met on the 24 hr template. Change the Min setting to 0 and all is well again.

Comment

I am not so sure how to do the change. When time is set as 0:00-0:00, the chart looks correct for 3 minutes, 30 minutes, but not 60 minutes. When the time is set as 9:30-16:15, THE 60min chart is ok again.... Is it possible to modify the efs to take away the possible bug?? thx.

Comment

Richard

Is it possible to modify the efs to take away the possible bug??

There is no bug in the efs. As Dave said in his reply there simply is no bar that is time stamped 9:30 on a 60 min chart with a Time Template of 0:00-0:00.
                  Alex

Comment

Richard
                    The easiest solution is to set the Start/End times for the 60 minute User Defined interval to 00:30-00:30 so that the hourly bars are time stamped xx:30. This way you will have a 9:30 bar also on the 60 min chart and the efs will plot the lines accordingly.
                    Alex

Comment

thank you... it is now working well.

Comment

One more question..... there is space between the morning session and afternoon session. Any possible way to take it out? thx.

Comment

Richard
                          Not that I am aware of. The Time Template can define only one session.
                          You may want to send in a suggestion to [email protected]
                          Alex

Comment

Working...
                          X