Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Page notes' within E-Signal

Hi,

I've just switched from Nextrend to eSignal (maybe you've heard about the discontinuation of Nextrend's service), and I'm missing a specific feature: Page notes. In Nextrend, it was possible to make page notes within the application, for instance to keep a trading log. Ok, I could use the EFS-Editor for this, but this has 2 obvious disadvantages: First, I cannot open Files outside the Formula window. And second, the Formula Editor will highlight specific portions of the text, which is quite unpracticable for keeping a trading log.

Is there any solution to my problem? Maybe there exists some Plugin which will do this?

Thanks in advance,
    sculptor66

Hi sculptor66

Welcome to eSignal.

One thing you could try is to dedicate a quote window to your notes. You have two ways to enter free text. Like you were entering a new symbol, start typing with a # sign and then you can add a single line of text.

Other option is to add comments as a field header and then you can double click and add comments. For more info, check under Help w/in eSignal for the term "comments". Here's a sample:
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Scott,

this works...

cu,
      sculptor66

Comment

Hello sculptor66,

The EFS editor could save all the text you need as well (Tools-->EFS-->Editor). I would recommend using the multi-line comment code just to make sure you won't produce a formula error if you tried to apply the EFS file to a chart.

Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X