X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard Chart Overlay Bug

Hi,
    There seems to be a bug/issue with the following:

- I open a Standard Chart (.ch) for a Daily Chart Overlay (the Interval Chart Overlay works fine);

- If I go to the Analytics Set-Up window and type in a Symbol Overlay, the Analytics Set-Up window freezes in the following manner:

- It allows me to type in a symbol and change its color, but this takes a long time - with the window freezing again;

- Eventually after I get the color changed and I go to add the overlay to the chart, the Analytics Set-Up window freezes totally and I have to close the chart down.

- Thus, I cannot add an overlay to the Daily Chart at all.

Thanks,
    Paul

Thanks Paul. I am able to duplicate this. For your reference this is EDL#11166 (eSignal Development List.) No ETA for a fix, but it's definitely on our list to do.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Hi Jay - thanks for your reply.

There is another Overlay bug present, this time its with "INTERVAL LINKED" ADVANCED CHART OVERLAYS.

For Example:

- INTERVAL LINK a couple of Advanced Charts, and add Overlays to them;

- If you change the Interval on one Chart, the Overlay on the other Interval Linked adv chart is displayed incorrectly;

- The Incorrect display normally takes one of two forms (I've posted examples of each), or, it will sometimes just display the price of the overlay and little or none of the Overlay line;

- If you type in the Interval again on the chart with the Incorrectly displayed Overlay, then the Overlay will reload and be displayed correctly.

Thanks,
      Paul
      Attached Files
      Last edited by TURLIES; 01-25-2005, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Example of the second type of incorrect Overlay display.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jay,
          Have you been able to duplicate the Advanced Chart Overlay problems I've posted?

Paul

Comment

I do see the problem, and I do see why. It appears the while the underlying stock on the interval linked chart that is receiving the new interval retrieves the interval update successfully, the overlayed symbol is keeping the older interval.

For instance, your chart will look like your first example when switching from a longer interval to a shorter one, and it will look like the second chart when moving from a shorter interval to a longer one.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Just to follow-up, I've submitted this as a bug (EDL#11179).
              Regards,
              Jay F.
              Product Manager

Comment

That's Great - Thanks Jay.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                X