Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Understanding ES market depth and times and sales ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding ES market depth and times and sales ?

Hello,
    I looked in the help file but didn't found answers to my quesions.

New to Esignal, i'm a bit confused about the level 2 (market depth) and times and sales from Esignal comparated to other plateforms.

- What option should I choose to display normal level 2 found on any plateform ? "SuperMontage" ? "Totalview" or maybe it just don't correspond ?

- What should I set to display basic, usual Times and sales windows with the ticker displaying chronological trades and size ?
    Right now, In T&S "Properties "I see an option "short view (bid/ask compacted".
    In "Filters", should I check "Show Quotes" ? In "Columns' I have a "short columns with bid and ask broker out", a "long columns with bid and ask together"... well what should I set among all these to get standard T&S window ?

Thanks,
    Koros

Hi Koros,

Thanks for the post. The Montage button at the bottom of the eSignal Market Depth window is the traditional way to view what was previously referred to as Level II. The Total View selection is a slightly different way to view Market Depth data. Let me see if I can explain some of the differences.

1. Montage View

The Montage View allows you see the current Market Depth for any particular NASDAQ listed stock. One the primary differences between the Montage and the Total View is that each market maker is allotted only one entry.

2. Total View

The Total View allows the user to see multiple orders placed by a single market maker at various price levels, hence a more complete view of how the orders are being sent by any particular institution. Here is an example. Notice the previous image, no market maker was listed more than once whereas this image shows multiple entries of the same market maker on both the bid and the ask.

In regards to your second question about Time and Sales, the Short view allows each bid and ask quote to be shown on an individual line. The long view allows the bid and ask to be shown together on a single line. Basically with this method, the bid and ask quotes come through together. The Show Trades and Show Quotes are settings you can apply to see only executed trades, or bid/ask. If both settings are applied, then all data, bids, asks, and trades are displayed in the Time and Sales window. Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi Duane

Thanks for the help on the settings, I was wondering does esignal have something similar for the emini's as well that show the depth of the market.
      Thanks

Comment

Thanks, it certainly helps.

Koros

Comment

Hi its1111,

Yes, eSignal does have a Market Depth for ES and other products. It requires the user to be subscribed to both Market Depth and the CME e-minis, but with those two criteria met, it should be what you are looking for. Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi Duane
            I understand, I wasn't aware that esignal offered this for the ES,so thanks for all your help.
            Mark

Comment

Working...
            X