It would be a great feature if esignal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It would be a great feature if esignal

It would be a great feature if esignal allows to display some fundamental data columns in the portfolio window, also it would be great to be able to add multiple comment/note columns in the portfolio (i.e. comment1, comment2, etc), so that the user can use the portfolio window as a watchlist maintenance tool as well as a portfolio tracking tool at the same time. The different comment/note column can be used to specify different criterio name or watchlist name or simple note for various condition, while applying sorting to different comment column may do a quick screnning. Moreover, to implement these features only very little effort is required while it may bring much convenience to the users.

One more minor thing: the edition/modification of the portfolio seems a little awkward. Why can not just double click those fields to modify them, just like using a spreadsheet? Also there is no way to add a transaction into the log file if it is added to the log file at the first time (you can not add a transaction to the log file by modifying it).

It also would be a great feature to link a chart to some symbol cell in a quote window. For example, linking a chart to the third symbol in a quote window. By this way, the user only need to create a set of advanced charts within a layout or page, and using a dynamic symbol list file the user may control which stocks he want to view within the layout. Further more, eSignal may even add a "slideshow" feature so that if the user create 10 advanced charts on the screen and have a 50 symbols in his watchlist, then the 10 charts may display the first 10 symbols in the watchlist, then after a preset interval, say 20 seconds, the 10 charts may automatically display the next 10 symbols within that watchlist. Then the trader may just glance the screen without the need to be busy in clicking mouse to go through those symbols one by one. Again, there is little effort required because the current linkage feature can be modified slightly to link a chart to a cell in the quote window.

These are just a few items on my long wishlist for a greate trading software which is more user friendly and capable of much more automation features than the current commential softwares in the market. Although I have spent more than three years in eSignal EFS programming and eSignal's EFS is the best tool I can find in the market to implement my ideas, I have to say it is still far from perfect in terms of speed and flexibility. But it is great to see eSignal is making progress with each new release.

-- Clearpicks

Hi Clearpicks,

One of the more exciting developments coming down the pipe is a re-designed quote window for eSignal. We're combining the quote, portfolio and summary windows into one new multi-functional window type. It will have a more excel like feel and have a much more flexible GUI. It may be ready for 7.9 (April) but if not, it should definitely make it into 8.0, due out later this year.

In regards to your suggestion on auto-rotating pages, we actually had this functionality in one of our prior releases but removed it in later releases out of concern for server over-load. It's on our feature enhancement list so if we can find a way to re-implement that feature w/o putting our servers at any risk, we may add it back in a future release.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Clearpicks and Scott

following this thread with much interest and I do agree with Clearpicks suggestions and glad to see some improvements coming with the next release.

I have a suggestion... When using the portfolio and having it linked to an advanced chart it would be great and save on many multiple clicking by just BEING ABLE TO USE THE DOWN ARROW in the portfolio symbol field to scroll down to view the next chart in your portfolio. Presently, all we can do, to the best of my knowledge is to link up portfolio and chart, then click into each portfolio symbol cell field and this will automatically change the next chart. After one clicks back and forth 50 times or more the finger does get tired. Having the next version with this feature would allow us to quickly view over 100 charts in say the weekly format, then change the chart to daily format and view those same symbols in daily chart patterns all within probably 15 minutes, with no alterations to the chart...and SAVING YOUR FINGER IN THE PROCESS!

Just a thought and not sure if it is easily done or feasible but would sure help the user and make eSignal and even better product than it already is.

Pogman

Comment

Working...
      X