1 bar = 3 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 bar = 3 days

Hi , anyone knows , how i can set the advanced chart time interval in three days or two days time frame(every bar is 2 or three days) ?? actually i m comparing daily chart with week chart , but it s about 1 to 6 the ratio between this two time Frames, i need something like compare a daily chart with a two or three day for every bar : how can insert in the favourites timeframes, this new one(2 or 3 days time frame for every bar)??????

thank you so much!!!!

paoly2007
    Multi-day bars are not available in eSignal at this time.
    You may want to send a suggestion to [email protected]
    Alex

Comment

3 day interval

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      paoly2007
      Multi-day bars are not available in eSignal at this time.
      You may want to send a suggestion to [email protected]
      Alex
      Does anyone know if now this feature is available?
      Thanks
      Gianni
      Gianni
      da Milano

Comment

Gianni
        To my knowledge it is not available
        Alex

Comment

Assuming eSignal still doesnt support charts with multiple day timeframes, can anybody point me to an EFS study that does it?

Ideally I'd like to enter the number of days as the parameter, e.g., 3 and eSignal should display a 3-day chart.

This is such a basic feature. Why deosn't eSignal offer this?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello bf2,

The advanced charts do not have the ability to display 3-day bars at this time. EFS also does not have control over setting the chart interval. If you would like to have our product management group consider this for future development, please submit a request to [email protected].
            Jason K.
            Project Manager
            eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
            JavaScript for EFS Video Series
            EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
            EFS Glossary
            Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

I;ve been playing with this concept for some time now. I have tried to simulate multiple days using mionutes, e.g. for US stocks, 2 day = 780 minutes etc, assuming open at 9.30am and close at 4pm.

There are two problems:

a) The charts are never 100% accurate. How does esignal calculate start and end of trading day for US stocks?

b) The charts don't show all the historical data. For example, the 780 minute chart of SPY goes back only to Jan 30. Why is this?

Comment

bf2
                Multiple-day bars are not currently supported in eSignal and cannot be simulated by summing the minutes across multiple days (I believe due to the daily resets).
                As to your second question that is because eSignal provides up to a maximum of 120 days of intraday data. For more information on how much historical data is available by eSignal you may want to see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
                Alex

Comment

Working...
                X