winsig.ini and winros.ini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winsig.ini and winros.ini

Recently I hv crashe my eSignal. After relaunching it, the intraday charts no longer show anything. I uninstalled and reinstalled again but it didn't work.

I tried to delete winros.ini and winsig.ini and reinstalled again and it didn't work.

Eventually, I hv to copy the winros.ini and winsig.ini from the notebook in the office and this time I can fix it. So does it mean that winros.ini and winsig.ini are important and we should keep a copy of them all the time??

Also, will it create issues if I simply copy the files from the notebook in the office? thx.

After double-checking, I find that actually some charts can't be shown. For example, QM 60min 24 hr chart is not ok.... but it is ok when I change the symbol to YM or change the time template to 9:30-16:15....

- QM 60min chart (24 hours)

- QM 60min chart (9:30-16:15)

- YM 60min chart (24hours)
    Last edited by Richard Yu; 02-02-2005, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Interestingly, the chart is behaving properly when I change the interval to 59min or 61min...

Comment

Richard,

Per your initial post regarding the winros and winsig files; both of these files are critical for eSignal running properly. As there was a corruption of some sort and eSignal was continually crashing, you did the right thing by un-installing. Once un-installed, you want to make sure that the winros and winsig are also removed to insure a clean re-install. Re-installing the software will not automatically replace the winsig and winros files (only if they do not exist prior to installation.)

I would like to work with the Page/Layout that you are having difficulty with to help isolate what may be happening. If you could please send me a Private Message, we can work from there. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X