start up problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• start up problem

I've been having problems with esignal 7.8 on start up... Which ends up in me having to re boot...

here's a sreen shoot..

any ideas
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cjdavies1; 02-02-2005, 07:33 AM.

Hi cjdavies1,

Wow..I don't think I have come across that one before, but I do have a couple of questions.

Are you opening eSignal with this Page/Layout by default, or is it being opened independently after the program is already running. Have you tried opening eSignal with a different Layout or Page set as default? Does this happen every time, sometimes, hardly ever? Obviously there is something that happening in relation to either the video hardware or some component of that relationship. Are any other programs on your computer experiencing anything like this?

Anything answers or observations you can provide will help fill in the blanks so we can figure out why this is happening. Thanks.

Comment

Are you opening eSignal with this Page/Layout by default,

I just save my current lay out & start up as normal.

Have you tried opening eSignal with a different Layout or Page set as default?

Yes

Does this happen every time,

Its been pretty ramdom I've tried differnt methods of open but nothing seems to nail it down to one area.

Are any other programs on your computer experiencing anything like this?

Only esignal

many thanks

CJ
      Last edited by cjdavies1; 02-02-2005, 06:12 PM.

Comment

This is indeed an issue with the video card or the drivers for that card. I would suggest checking with the manufacturer of your video card to make sure you have the latest drivers for your system. (i.e. if you have a nVidia video card go to http://www.nvidia.com.)
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

If that still doesn't solve it, then try reducing the Hardware Acceleration slider in the Troubleshooting tab of Display Properties. To get there...

1) Right-click your Desktop, select Properties, click the Display tab, and then the Advanced button.
          2) Select the Troubleshooting tab.
          3) Adjust the slider down one notch, and click OK.

Then check eSignal. If that doesn't solve it, repeat 1-3 turning down the acceleration each time and trying eSignal again.

Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

Thanks for the info Jay...

I ve lowered my ati down a notch

As always I can not fault you guys!!!

Thanks again...

CJ
            Last edited by cjdavies1; 02-03-2005, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X