Fibonacci Time Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fibonacci Time Lines

I am using Fibonacci time lines for the Fibonacci ratios applied to future of a certain period of time. eSignal is taking into consideration all calendar days in the time projection. Other software uses the open market days. For a larger period of time there are quite discrepancies between the two ways of time considering. Can anybody clarify the problem? I am going to wait, for an answer, till 1.00 of the time period Feb 04 - Feb 17
    indel

indel99,

If you could elaborate a bit on where you are seeing the problem. I've utilized the Fibonacci time tool on both daily and intraday data; I don't see where non-trading days are being incorporated into the calculation. Anything specific you can add will help in replicating this. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Duane,
      Any right hand end of a chart can be moved to the left, so you get some blank space for your future time and price values. Perform a normal Fibonacci time ratios, from two points of interst, and place them in the empty space. the vertical lines at 0.382 0.618, 1.618 etc can be located in time with the cursor. But if you go, with the cursor, incrementing to the right, you will notice the deroulement of the calendar days, without skipping the holidays. The fact that you do not see this on a filled chart is due to the data loaded, which has the right gaps, and probably, to the time label attachet to each daily data.
      It is possible that Fibonacci time applied to the preexisting data to be correct but, for sure, the time projections is wrong, two days (at least) more for every 5 working days. See the offset for one or two month! You better fix the problem before I buy the software...
      indel

Comment

indel99,

Thanks for the additional details. I was able to replicate what you were referring to in regards to the offset. eSignal basically uses trading days for the historical portion of the data; hence if you go through a back test, you can see that holidays and weekends are omitted. As you look forward in time, these potential holidays and weekends are not removed. This is what is causing the offset.

I'm not sure if this time format will be changed anytime soon, but thank you for clarifying your point. I'll pass this over to the Product Development Team for further discussion.

Comment

Duane,

Just wondering if this has been added to eSignal, i.e the ability to look at charts with holidays and weekends in historic data?

Can the data be exported (into Excel) showing holidays and weekends?

Best wishes.

Originally posted by DuaneG
          indel99,

Thanks for the additional details. I was able to replicate what you were referring to in regards to the offset. eSignal basically uses trading days for the historical portion of the data; hence if you go through a back test, you can see that holidays and weekends are omitted. As you look forward in time, these potential holidays and weekends are not removed. This is what is causing the offset.

I'm not sure if this time format will be changed anytime soon, but thank you for clarifying your point. I'll pass this over to the Product Development Team for further discussion.

Comment

Working...
          X