• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Import: SI) Flashing Charts

From Silicon Investor:

To:Chuck T
    Thursday, Mar 20, 2003 11:53 AM

Flashing Daily Charts.
    When I flip over to a daily chart, it continues to refresh (flash) 6-7 times before it stops and shows me a stable picture of the daily chart.

It happens on all of my advanced charts, and with all stocks or indices when I switch over from something like a 5 or 15 minute chart, to a daily.

Running build 544.
    Hello Herry,

I have tried to reproduce this problem and have been unable to. I also spoke with many support reps, and they have not heard of this issue. I suspect there might be a resource issue here or possibly something else. Below are some questions for you.

What studies are included on this chart?
    What Time Template are you using?
    Is the chart in "Dynamic mode" or are you specifing a set number of days? If the latter how many days?
    Are you using any EFS files? (If so, please post them so we can try to duplicate this.)
    Does this happen on Weekly charts as well?
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Re: Reply to post '(Import: SI) Flashing Charts'

Herry
    One thing to try is to set the Time Template to load a fixed number of Days or Bars when selecting Daily as interval.
    To do this Edit the Time Template and create a User Defined interval for the Template being used where in the Interval box you type D and in the #Bars/Days you type for example 600 or 1000.
    If that fixes the refresh issue then the problem may be caused by the chart being perhaps Maximized and/or the Bar Spacing reduced to the minimum (or some combination thereof) and the Time Template set to Dynamic for the Daily.
    In that situation the chart loads its initial amount of data then immediately refreshes with a second request because the chart is not fully populated and continues to go through the routine until the chart is full.
    On a 21" monitor running 1600x1200 with a maximized chart that could mean a few refreshes on a dialup connection (I can replicate the issue here under these conditions).
    Hope this helps
    Alex
    Last edited by ACM; 03-21-2003, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X