Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tick chart open on emini

hi,

I am new to esignal and love the tick charts, yet when there is a gap at the open I get a huge tick bar connecting yesterdays close to the opening price. on a minute chart I see just the gap. I use the day sesion symbol ES M3=2. I tried to change the time template from automatic to 9.30/ 16.15 etc.
    Still show that huge bar. any ideas ?

thanks

matt

PS. this is my third day and the tick chart takes about 5 minutes after the open to update at all. minute bars fine. tech support changed servers, I restarted the program, refreshed and so forth. to no avail. what I did notice I had the tick chart set to dynamic for data in the time template, just changed that to 3 days, maybe that will do on monday. any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Re: Reply to post 'tick chart open on emini'

Matt
    Are you using a raw tick plot or tick-bars (for example 20 ticks per bar)?
    Alex

Comment

hi alex,

I'm using tick bars such as a 300 tick bar or 600 tick bar.

matt

ps.
      missed your comments at Q so I had to move over

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'tick chart open on emini'

Matt
        When the Time Template is set to Dynamic and you open a tick chart, data
        will be downloaded from the beginning of the current "trading" day
        (depending if indices, stocks or futures) or at the most from 00:00 of the
        current day if an instrument with overnight activity.
        This is the initial download. Then as you scroll backwards past the first
        plotted tick the chart 'dynamically' makes a request to download another day
        and so on and so forth.
        If instead you specify the number of days in the template then it will load
        all data for those days and scrolling backwards will not initiate a request
        for older data.
        Other than to set the number of days to be downloaded, the Start/End times
        are not used in tick charts (including tick-bar, volume-bar or seconds-bar
        charts)
        Alex
        Last edited by ACM; 03-21-2003, 11:13 AM.

Comment

alex,

changing from dynamic to a set # of days is just a trial to overcome the no tick data at the open.

I am still not understanding that big tick bar at the open. if you pull up a 600 tick chart for esm3=2, do you show that "spike" also ?

matt

Comment

Matt

Yes I am seeing the same bar that bridges the gap. I don't know why that is and can only guess that it has something to do with the tick bar count.

ps. missed your comments at Q so I had to move over

You are way too kind. Thank you very much never the less.
            Glad to hear from you.

Alex

Comment

thanks again for all your help and support alex

happy trading

matt

Comment

Working...
              X