A bug of advanced charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bug of advanced charts

In eSignal, if an advanced daily chart is open before 9:30am, for some symbols the candlestick corresponding to the symbol shall not be created and the data is just drawn on the previous bar. It seems this bug only appears when the symbol is an index. For stocks like SPY, QQQQ, etc, the new candlestick bar is created after 9:30am. I reported this bug long time before ( at that time for all symbols the new bar is not created ). I suspect that this bug is related to how daily OHLC data is created from tick data coming. For stocks like SPY, QQQQ, pre-market trading may generate enough tick data so that the new bar is created after the market open. But for indices like $SPX, $TRIN, etc, not pre-market data is available and new coming tick data is just added to the previous day's bar. I attach a few screenshots to demonstrate the bug. They were captured on 02/24/2005 at 9:34am. It can be seen that for SPY the chart is correct, but for $SPX and $TRIN, the latest bar is 02/23/2005.
    Attached Files

$TRIN
    Attached Files

Comment

SPY
      Attached Files

Comment

Because of this bug, I have to close esignal and reopen it after 9:30am everyday.

Comment

clearpicks
          In the mean time you may want to try refreshing the chart (ie clicking the OK in the Cursor Window while pressing the <Ctrl> key) before restarting the application.
          Alex

Comment

I am just reporting this bug. Refreshing works, but when there are multiple charts open, restarting esignal is a faster way than refreshing. Hope esignal fix it soon, otherwise automatic trading is impossible to me because I can not leave eisgnal open before market open without manually restarting or refreshing after 9:30am.

Comment

Hi clearpicks, I have never experienced this problem and there fore don't really understand what the problem is, this may mean I have accidently found a solution to your problem. Try changing the time template of the charts that are causing the problem to market hours ie 09:30 - 16:00 if you live in that timezone of to the relevant time in your timezone. EG in the UK it is 14:30 - 21:00 when the clocks catch up. This is how my charts are set for Indicies such as SPX, INDU, COMPQ etc and I have never had this problem.
              Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

Comment

Hi dhunniford,

My templates always set the start time and end time to 9:30 and 16:00.

-- Clearpicks

Comment

Working...
                X