Options Saving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options Saving

my option window options don't seem to want to save. everyday i enter the parameter for the front month contract only and it never saves it. how can i get this to save?

jeddins
    FWIW I just tried it and unless I misunderstood what you are trying to do it seems to save the options window with the parameters I set.
    Here is what I did. Open an Option Chain window, set the symbol (for example ES M5), click the Properties icon and put a check in Month Filter. Then I selected Specific Month and set Jun 2005.
    At that point I selected File->Save As.. and provided the file name (note that I use Layouts and not Pages).
    Every time I open that file it appears exactly how I saved it ie with only the June 2005 options.
    Alex

Comment

options

that's what i do as well. it used to save but doesnt anymore. explain the difference between using layouts vs pages, i used three monitors and spread the screen across them.

Comment

jeddins
        Layouts and Pages perform the same task however they do it differently. In a Layout each window is saved as an individual file whereas in a Page all the windows are saved in a single file ie the Page. The advantage of Layouts IMHO is that you can call up any saved window in any Layout and when you apply changes to that window in one Layout those changes will appear in that window when it is called in any other Layout.
        Alex

Comment

The disadvantage IMHO is if that window is an Advanced Chart all the notes and lines you draw for every stock you view in that chart are saved with that window. Eventually you start getting warnings about too many lines and if you set the limit higher you eventually crater your system. I guess I'm the only guy around that likes to annotate his charts because no one else seems to worried about this problem. Wouldn't it be nice if pages actually performed differently than layouts? i.e. a Page "window" was a component of a layout. So I might have a page with various charts and studies such that when I clicked a symbol in my quote list it would retrieve that unique Page File. Or better yet I could tell it to auto-rotate thru the list of symbols in a quote window for rapid scanning of charts.

Comment

pages vs layouts

Hello

I would agree with the last post. My experience is that using a Page all lines and notes are saved within one file...and if you have alot of charts with lines and notes this file becomes huge! It now takes me over 20 minutes to load eSignal in Page format!!!

the advantage is that once I click a symbol in the Page window it has all my charts and notes instantly. It would be great if eSignal had a way of saving this info on each personal computer that way we would not have to download from eSignal such a huge file or if eSignal just saved each symbol independently and then when we wished to view a symbol it would just go get it.

Now I am concerned to use Layout's format and the windows for fear of losing all my work in the Page format. I would assume many others are in the same boat yet I do not see much info on what others are doing and finding, this or that works for them best

As for rapid scanning of charts I have created a Portfolio with symbols. then I link this portfolio to my Advanced chart window. Then as I scroll down through my portfolio of about 200 symbols I can quickly view charts all within the same time frame.

I would appreciate hearing from others and how they use eSignal to view many charts using Page vs Layout.

Still trying to find what works best and saves time

Pogman

Comment

Working...
            X