Repeated data problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeated data problems

Hi all, can anyone tell me why I am having the same repeated problem and how can I stop it?

I run a page with the following charts;
    $TICK and $TICKQ 3 min line charts
    $ADD and $ADDQ 1 min line charts
    $VOLD and $VOLDQ 1 min line charts
    $TRIN and $TRINQ 3 min line charts

Almost everyday now or at least every other day the Nasdaq add/dec and vilume breadth charts stop recoring data after the first minute or two. I have tried reloading the page and this retrieves the missing data but the charts do not continue to receiev data. Shutting the whole platform down and waiting 15 seconds does solve the problem but this is not a satisfactory option. every other day, this is really starting to annoy me.
    Thanx
    Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

dhunniford,

Have you been able to duplicate this behavior with a new Page or Layout file? In some cases where a particular window no longer responds, it can have an affect on subsequent windows in that particular Page or Layout. If the same behavior continues in a new Page file, then we can look deeper, but I would like to rule out any type of error with the current configuration. Please let me know.

Comment

Thanx DuaneG I will investigate further and get back to you.

Comment

Hi dhunniford,

I just wanted to check in with you and see if you were still experiencing the issue with the various Advanced Charts. Did the new Page/Layout help resolve this? Please let me know.

Comment

Sorry for taking so long to reply Duane, been a bit busy this week. With regards to the problem. Several minutes after posting this thread the problem mysteriously cleared and for the next couple of days it did not manifest itself. On Friday a similar issue appeared but this was resolved very quickly by simply switching between time frames and back again. So to answer your question as of this time I have not changed the page, however if the problem repeats during the coming week I will setup a new page and charts for those symbols and let you know what happens. At the moment what puzzles me is the irregularity of the problem, if it was related to my page or charts I would expect the problem to be consistant and regular. I will continue to observe it.
          Thanx for the interest.
          DaveH

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thanks for letting me know. If you happen to notice a common denominator regarding this issue please let me know. I have a strong suspicion that this is related to a particular Page or Layout. Starting a new file from scratch should tell us what we need to know. Thanks.

Comment

Ok update on this problem, again yesterday charts started to fail to update as detailed in my first message so I set up a new page containing the same sequece of charts, all worked ok for the rest of the day, but today I now have a problem with one chart on that page $TICKQ refuses to update and I have to continually change timeframe to force an update. Doing my head in.

After about an hour it is now updating normally
              Last edited by dhunniford; 04-20-2005, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Hi dhunniford,

Do you have a particular EFS study applied to the $TICKQ chart window?

Comment

No it is a clean line chart running at 1 min interval with an extended line drawn left to right to highlight the zero line

I'd add a screenshot but I cant reduse a picture thst looks worth a damn with the upload allowance you have here
                  Last edited by dhunniford; 04-20-2005, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Hi DuaneG, just to update you,
                    The new page continued to update normally for the rest of the week, all charts performing correctly, if all goes well next week I will update for the last time on this subject at the weekend.
                    Thanx for the help.

Comment

As promised an update on this problem, the problem has persisted albeit on a minor level, early in the day the Nasdaq charts are slow to get going and often have to be refreshed a couple of times in the first 10 min before working normally so the problem has become tolerable rather than fixed.

Comment

Working...
                      X