How Do I Correctly Display Time in Advanced Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Correctly Display Time in Advanced Chart

I am a subscriber of eSignal EOD data service.

I live outside of USA and trading hours I see on my x axis in eSignal Advanced Charts are really strange and different than what actual trading hours are in USA.

If you look at the attached one full day of Dow 1 minute chart, it starts at 12.00 Am midnight, goes to 1:34 AM and then next bar starts again at 7:00 PM and goes on till midnight. Similarly T Bonds June futures 1 minute chart starts at 12.00 AM Midnight, goes till 12:30 AM and then restarts again at 5:50 PM and goes till midnight.

I would like to see all the stocks and futures trading hours on x axis on Advanced charts, same as actual trading hours you would see them in USA. For example the NYSE opens at 9:30 AM EST so I would like to see the first bar on say IBM 1 minute chart start at 9:30 AM EST. Similarly the First bar on 1 minute 30 Yr. T-Bond contract should start at 8:20 AM. How do I achieve this on all of my Advanced Charts?

Thanks
    Steve
    Attached Files

steve421,

I'm not sure what time zone you are currently in, but you may want to try setting your computers system clock to EST. eSignal will utilize the system clock to build the chart data. Please let me know if this resolves this issue for you.

Comment

Hi Duane,

I am 9.50 Hrs, ahead of EST.

I am not sure what you mean by changing the system clock, but as far as what I understand is that you are asking to change the local time that shows in my system tray and doing that would change everything on my computer which I am not sure is a solution.

Currently I am using some free charting services which are located in another country and it shows the correct EST trading hours on all charts.

For example if you look at the attached 1 minute chart of S&P 500 June contract it shows that it starts trading at 9:30 AM EST.

I also download intraday data from internet and they all show times as EST.

So I don't know why do I need to change system clock just for
      eSignal data ?

There must be some other setting in the Advanced Charting application that if set correctly should show all times in all Esignal charts as EST.

I am wondering if other people using eSignal EOD data service are seeing the times on their intraday charts other than USA times? Their feedback would also help.

I think starting another thread asking people who are using EOD data service would probably help us as to what time they are seeing on their intrday charts.

If people using EOD data service and living in another country besides USA happen to read this thread, would you kindly give your feedback please?

Thank You.
      Steve
      Attached Files

Comment

EOD Data and eSignal

Hello Steve,

I live outside the US and use Daily Charts. So far I am in the same boat as you. eSignal data/charting only cares about EST and if you are not in that timezone well good luck on trying to get your EOD/Daily charts to be correct.

Thank you for your Time
        EK

Comment

Hi I use eSignal intraday charts, as far as I know the eSignal program for some reason adjusts its timings to the regional timing of your PC. I have never worked out why this is an advantage as any expected events that might affect the market will gnerally be sheduelled in EST therefore you are constantly having to convert time. After a while you get used to it but it's a pain at the start. Like yourself I am loathed to change my whole system to EST just to rectify the problem. I have found it easier to think in UK and EST at the same time.
          Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

Comment

Working...
          X