Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal CRASH ERROR 's

Hi,
    I've had so many of the following Crash Errors (see below) over the past couple of months that I've lost count. All of the Crash Error Reports have been sent to eSignal, along with my email address, but I've never received any email replies updating me on the situation.

These Errors have occured on 7.8, but I installed 7.9 Beta RC yesterday (to see if this problem had been fixed) and upon loading my Layout I couldn't even get data into my Advanced Charts without eSignal crashing again, making the problem even worse!. So, I've reinstalled 7.8.

Every crash needs a reboot and is a nightmare for trading, so I hope eSignal can appreciate the importance of obtaining a solution for this.

The last Crash Report Window contained the following information:

Triggered Alert List: Winsig.exe - Application Error

The Instruction at "0x5ad71531" Referenced Memory at "0x00000014". The Memory could not be "Read".

From my memory of past crash errors, other variables in the error can change but "0x00000014" seems to be present most of the time.

Thanks,
    Paul

Re: eSignal CRASH ERROR 's

Hi,

I am not sure what product are you trading at but in today's Asia time, my EURUSD intraday data is out since 6AM GMT.

I have 2 accts with eSignal since last year, thinking to do some intraday auto trading, but the price source is so unstable that it is not suitable for me to do so.

Hope eSignal can do something ASAP otherwise I will have to cancel the 2 expensive accts soon.

Thanks!

Wilpin

Originally posted by TURLIES
    Hi,
    I've had so many of the following Crash Errors (see below) over the past couple of months that I've lost count. All of the Crash Error Reports have been sent to eSignal, along with my email address, but I've never received any email replies updating me on the situation.

These Errors have occured on 7.8, but I installed 7.9 Beta RC yesterday (to see if this problem had been fixed) and upon loading my Layout I couldn't even get data into my Advanced Charts without eSignal crashing again, making the problem even worse!. So, I've reinstalled 7.8.

Every crash needs a reboot and is a nightmare for trading, so I hope eSignal can appreciate the importance of obtaining a solution for this.

Triggered Alert List: Winsig.exe - Application Error

The Instruction at "0x5ad71531" Referenced Memory at "0x00000014". The Memory could not be "Read".

From my memory of past crash errors, other variables in the error can change but "0x00000014" seems to be present most of the time.

Thanks,
    Paul

Comment

Just received another crash error:

FOREX WATCHLIST - CHART 15: Winsig.exe - Application Error

This is the usual pattern = Different title, but identical crash error details.

Paul

Comment

Just received another crash error:

FOREX ENTRY - TIME FRAME 1: Winsig.exe - Application Error

This is a totally different advanced chart to the previous crash error, and contains different price data and studies. So, it's pointing more towards winsig.exe rather than a price or studies issue.

Paul

Comment

I've just had two more crashes in the last fifteen minutes. Crash Errors were reported but no information window displayed - eSignal just shut-down.

Comment

Hi Turlies,

Thank you for all the details. If you could specify the build and version number it may help in figuring out what is happening here. As Dion Loy and other eSignal programmers are on the forums in regards to eSignal 7.9, you may want to send these reports to the 7 Series Beta Forum

Comment

Hi Duane - thanks for your reply,

Heres my eSignal build information, which I copied from the "readme" file within eSignal:

eSignal 7.8 Release (12/06/04):

Build Numbers:

eSignal - Build 688
              Data Manager - Build 285
              News Manager - Build 4282
              OptionsPlus - Build 4058
              dbcapi.dll - Build 119 10/13/04
              mfc42.dll - Version 6.00.8447.0
              mfc71.dll - Version 7.10.3077.0
              msvcrt.dll - Version 6.00.8397.0
              optanalytics.dll - Version 7 05/07/01
              proxy.dll - Version 1.0.0.1
              implode.dll - 7/25/97

In terms of sending the reports to the 7.9 forum, would it be easier for an administrator to simply move this thread to the 7.9 Beta forum?

Thanks,
              Paul

Comment

Hi Turlies, I think you may have sent me a page file awhile back for the 7.8 crashes. I believe I may have fixed one of them for 7.8 but was unable to find the others.

Can you send me your page file again dloy [at] mail.esignal.com, in case it has been udpated recently. I'll run it against 7.9 to see if we can track anything down again.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Dion,

It must be someone else your confusing me with, because I haven't dissussed with or sent you any Page files in the past.

I have made a recent post with regard to eSignal 7.8 problems, but these were not Page/Layout related to the best of my knowledge (any advice on these would be greatly appreciated also):

Paul

Comment

In that case, please send me the Page that you are using. I had a look at your 7.9 RC/1 crashes, one of them was in standard charts, the other in Advanced Charts, but all had to do with drawing to the screen.

Please send me your .pg that you were using to load up on 7.9 RC/1.

I'm hoping they're the same problems as you were experiencing with 7.8.

[EDIT] I'll also take a look at the overlay problems you reported, if they are in the same Page file.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Dion,

I uninstalled 7.9 RC/1 last night and reinstalled 7.8 because 7.9 couldn't successfully load my Layouts without crashing eSignal.

This is why you probably have lots of 7.8 crash reports (from the past couple of months and including those sent today) and only a couple of 7.9 reports from me which were sent last night.

Also, I've never used Pages within eSignal, only Layouts. So, will the files from 7.8 be ok and is it my layout files you need?

Thanks,
                      Paul

Comment

The files from 7.8 will be fine, to create a .pg Page file from your layout use the menu command Layout -> Pages -> Save Page As ....

That should create a .pg file which you can send to me.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Paul,

Looks like the crash was in standard charting. I've implemented the fix for 7.9.1.

Could you point out which of the windows in your page are exhibiting the overlay problem? Is it the three on the left hand side? in standard charts? or advanced charts?

thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X