Esignal Quote Box Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esignal Quote Box Problem

Everytime I type a symbol into my quote boxs. It flashes the info for a second then the Tsize, Bid, Ask Bsize and Asize disappears until the stock trades again. I called Esignal and they say they have had the problem for a week now and they don't know how to fix it. It seems like everytime I type a symbol into a chart then the quote for the same symbol disapears until a new quotes is updated or a trade accures in the stock.....

Is anyone else having this problem??

Any idea's on how to fix it???

Any help would be great

Thanks

Z

zangari
    Close eSignal and the Data Manager. Then in the Windows directory open winros.ini. In it look for a string that says freeze= followed by a value. What value is it?
    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      zangari
      Close eSignal and the Data Manager. Then in the Windows directory open winros.ini. In it look for a string that says freeze= followed by a value. What value is it?
      Alex
      It says freeze=0

Thank you so much for any help that you can provide.

Comment

zangari
        That setting is what it should be. There are two more settings that you may want to check.
        Again close both eSignal and the Data Manager and in winros.ini look for GlobalOnly and Regional which should be set to GlobalOnly=0 and Regional=1.
        Hope this helps
        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
          zangari
          That setting is what it should be. There are two more settings you may want to check. Again close both eSignal and the Data Manager and in winros.ini look for GlobalOnly and Regional.
          These should be set to GlobalOnly=0 and Regional=1.
          Hope this helps
          Alex
          Globalonly=0
          and
          Regional=1

Any other ideas?????

Comment

This problem seems to only happen when I put =n into a chart. But the only thing that I look at is NYSE trades. It happens when I have a quote linked or I type a ticker into a chart. If you need any other info. Please let me know. Everyday that this goes on I can't work.

Thanks

Z

Comment

zangari
              I just tried replicating the set up you have and at this end it appears to be working (see image)
              At this point I am out of ideas and would suggest waiting for someone from eSignal to follow up
              Alex

Comment

zangari,

Can you please send an email to Beta and include a copy of your winsig.ini, winros.ini, and any single page file where you're seeing this issue?

I'm also interested in if this is a new thing or if it's been going on for a while. Is there any period of time in a regular day where there's a difference in the problem?

Thank you,

Comment

Originally posted by eSignal_Todd
                  zangari,

Can you please send an email to Beta and include a copy of your winsig.ini, winros.ini, and any single page file where you're seeing this issue?

I'm also interested in if this is a new thing or if it's been going on for a while. Is there any period of time in a regular day where there's a difference in the problem?

Thank you,
                  It is a new thing only been going on for 2 days. I was on vacation last week and did not trade. It goes on all day. I don't see any difference at anytime of day. I will send a file to beta and also post a pic on this site,...as soon as i figure out how.

Thanks again for all of you help

Z

Comment

BBY=N c 48.47 -0.73 21.7K 2065600
                    APU=N c 30.25 -0.43 500 30.21 30.25 4 10 52500
                    THC=N c 11.62 -0.06 7.00K 1264800
                    DNA=N 3 c 70.69 + 0.61 23.8K 70.55 70.70 7 100 4156400

Comment

Originally posted by zangari
                      BBY=N c 48.47 -0.73 21.7K 2065600
                      APU=N c 30.25 -0.43 500 30.21 30.25 4 10 52500
                      THC=N c 11.62 -0.06 7.00K 1264800
                      DNA=N 3 c 70.69 + 0.61 23.8K 70.55 70.70 7 100 4156400
                      I am not sure how to copy my quotes to this board. But do you see how bby and thc don't have a bid/ask/bsize/asize???

Comment

I am also experiencing this problem

Version: 7.7 - build 680

Globalonly=0
                        Regional=1
                        Freeze=0

When using the =N option in the quote board - it will flash the data very quickly, but then clear it out. It won't then update the information till the stock opens and there is a tick.

This seems to have occurred with no changes to layout settings or version upgrades - as if the data stream itself has changed.

This has been tested on multiple version and the problem seems to still exist.

Comment

It looks like there are a few users experiencing a similar thing and we'd like to try and find the common thread so we can correct this as soon as possible. Can you please send and email to Beta and include your eSignal username and the following files.
                          • winros.ini (located in your Windows directory)
                          • winsig.ini (located in your Windows directory)
                          • The .pg file associated with the page you're experiencing the problem on. (located in you eSignal\Pages directory and with a name that matches the page you're using)

If you're using a Layout and not a page, please click on the Layout menu at the top of the screen, highlight Page sub-menu, and then click Save Page As. Give the page a name and then include this page file in the email. If you have Page in the main menu instead of Layout, then just click on Page and then Save Page As.

We'll take a look at these files and try to duplicate your problem, so we can find a fix.

Anyone else having this problem will help us solve this by sending the same information as well.

Thank you,

Comment

So does anyone know how to fix this problem...It has been a few weeks. Are we any closer to fixing it??

Originally posted by Assent-EdD
                            I am also experiencing this problem

Version: 7.7 - build 680

Globalonly=0
                            Regional=1
                            Freeze=0

When using the =N option in the quote board - it will flash the data very quickly, but then clear it out. It won't then update the information till the stock opens and there is a tick.

This seems to have occurred with no changes to layout settings or version upgrades - as if the data stream itself has changed.

This has been tested on multiple version and the problem seems to still exist.

Comment

Hey Todd...Are we making any progress with this problem?? It has been a month since I have had it. And still know help. I know there are a few others expericeing it. Please let me know what the situaltion is

Thanks
                              Z

Originally posted by eSignal_Todd
                              It looks like there are a few users experiencing a similar thing and we'd like to try and find the common thread so we can correct this as soon as possible. Can you please send and email to Beta and include your eSignal username and the following files.
                              • winros.ini (located in your Windows directory)
                              • winsig.ini (located in your Windows directory)
                              • The .pg file associated with the page you're experiencing the problem on. (located in you eSignal\Pages directory and with a name that matches the page you're using)

If you're using a Layout and not a page, please click on the Layout menu at the top of the screen, highlight Page sub-menu, and then click Save Page As. Give the page a name and then include this page file in the email. If you have Page in the main menu instead of Layout, then just click on Page and then Save Page As.

We'll take a look at these files and try to duplicate your problem, so we can find a fix.

Anyone else having this problem will help us solve this by sending the same information as well.

Thank you,

Comment

Working...
                              X