Performance Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Question

I have a Summary window with about 50 Symbols. I also have about 7 Advanced charts (with various efs's) of differing time frames, each Symbol linked to the Summary window. Most of the Symbols in the Summary window, never get clicked on to actually view a chart. I am just watching the quotes fly by.

So, the question is, does eSignal store and process the needed chart data for ALL the symbols in the Summary window, even though I don't ever view charts for most of them? Or does it just take processor cycles and memory for those symbols that have been clicked on to view a chart that day?

If it processes and stores data for all the symbols in the Summary window, could I eliminate that overhead by adding a second Summary window, with No Linking, for those symbols that I never wish to see a chart on?

Thanks

bigtee

Only charts that have been loaded with data consume CPU and memory. Linking won't have any effect on it.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Thanks, Dion.

Just to make sure I understand, any symbol in the Summary window that has not yet been clicked on today will not add to memory usage or CPU cycles, correct?

bigtee

Comment

Correct, they will not add Chart data memory or CPU usage. You will still incur some usage obviously for the realtime quotes that come into the Summary window, but those that have not been loaded into a Chart will not incur historical data loads.

Comment

Working...
        X