new oscillator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new oscillator

I am a new subscriber to E-signal. I am trying to code a price oscillator: 5 and 34 sma H_L/2 and having a devel of a time
    Also how do you make after hours futures trading not show on a chart. It messes up the indicators
    thanks

maroonk
    You don't necessarily need to write an efs as you already have some installed by eSignal. If you are using version 7.8 (or earlier) look in the Buitlin folder if instead you are using 7.9 then look in the EFS2 Basic (for a simplified version) or EFS2 Custom (for a fully customizable version) folders.
    As to not showing after hours trading use the Time Template and set it to the desired Start/End times
    Alex

Comment

thanks
      I need to download a stochRsi where I can vary length of RSI and K% and D% values. Specifically:13,8,5,3..The stochrsi in EFS 2 custom does not allow me to do that..
      Also how do I make oscillator up bars green and down bars red ?

Comment

maroonk
        As far as I know there is no stochrsi efs installed in the EFS2 Custom folder.
        Regardless if you go through this thread you will find a fully customizable version of the Stochastic of RSI study.
        Alex

Comment

thank you..I got it
          how about coloring bars up green and bars down red on a price oscillator? do you have a fix for that?
          your help is appreciated

Comment

maroonk
            To do that insert just above the return statement the enclosed section of code
            Alex

PHP Code:
            if(xOsc.getValue(0)>xOsc.getValue(-1)){

setBarFgColor(Color.lime);
                }else{

setBarFgColor(Color.red);
                } 

Comment

Working...
            X