7.9 Continuous contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7.9 Continuous contracts

There is some odd interaction between non US exchange continuous contracts and advanced chart time templates.

If I apply my normal European futures time template to a chart of the FTSE100 (LX 1!-LF), I get a good chart in any time interval but it is truncated at the previous day's close. The quote window shows current prices real-time, but not the chart. If I select 'daily' interval, the current price is displayed on the chart real time together with the current day's bar, but any interval below daily results in a chart frozen at the previous day's close.

If I select a 24 hour template all these problems go away and things work normally. I could live with this except for the fact that a 24 hour template effectively hides opening gaps which is a BIG turn-of. I suspect the problem has something to do with inter-session gaps.

I've not tried any of this on a US echange contract yet but it's something the techiesneed to look at.
    Nimrod

Update

The problems outlined in my original post occurred on a template set to retrieve 600 bars. If I change bar retrieval to dynamic, again the problem goes away. So, I can now live with this reasonably happily. Still think the techies should check it out though.
    Nimrod

Comment

More on this - would appreciate an ESignal techie's input please.

In order to retrieve bars before 09:00 for my defined continuous contract (LX 1!-LF) I need to set the chart time template to 07:00 whereas setting the template to 08:00 works correctly for the regular contract. I sSuspect it is connected with daylight saving but, the inconsistency between the continuous and regular contracts indicates it is some kind of bug which needs attention
      Nimrod

Comment

nimrod
        See this thread
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X