Spread Symbol Formatting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spread Symbol Formatting

I have been using the new spread symbol utility, which is great, but the formatting of the output on an advanced chart can be a little funky.

First the scale on the Y-axis doesn't display in the compact format (or whatever it is called) in which 1,000,000 is displayed as 1000K; instead it displays 1000000.00, even if the inputs are integers.

Second the display of the actual value on the Y-axis is 1000000.000000000000 (or so), thus pushing the scale way to the left.

In addition, the change value in some cases will be -1.#IND in a quote window.

Is the formatting of the output for the spread symbols going to be fixed for 7.9.1?

Hi Buhr.... we've done some additional settings for the Spread Engine in 7.9.1, allowing you to specify the # of decimal places.

However I don't think this addresses what you need though. Can you give me a list of spreads that you're using that are showing the 'too long' values and the bad values in the quote window?

Thanks!

Comment

Dion-

The formula for the first spread with the 'too-long' output value is $VOLD + $VOLDQ.

The formula for the spread with bad quote window values is $ADV / $DECL, which is the same as $ISSU but it updates more frequently. I think the reason for the bad value is that neither input value has a change associated with it.

BTW, I raised the issue of compact formatting not working with negative numbers. An example is $VOLD: when positive it displays 200000K and when negative -200000000. Is that going to be fixed in 7.9.1?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X