Market Profile data problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market Profile data problem

Please see the attached image which I think demonstrates the problem that I am having with Market Profile and my bar charts and the data from eSignal.

I have eSignal loaded and I'm looking at the AB symbol (ER2) and the we're looking at data for Friday, 27 May 2005. We have an MP chart with a time template set to RTH as we do with the bar chart. On the bar chart I right clicked and brought up the Tools -> Data Export... option to compare the data between the bar chart and the MP chart. (this is the only instance of eSignal running on this machine so I assume that the MP chart and the bar chart are sharing the same data source to construct their charts?)

On the MP chart I've select the "Add Splits" option so we can see the data problem.

As you can see, the low price in the D bracket matches the low in the data export window but the low price in the E bracket is 1 tick lower on the MP chart than on the bar chart. In fact the low of the day is apparently 612.4 but the MP chart is recording 1 tick lower. This is causing problems for calculations that I'm doing in the bar charts that need to match the MP charts....
    Standing on the shoulders of giants.

Not sure what happened with the attachment on the last post. Let's try again...
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi wild, we're looking into it. Appears to not always happen on our development machines, although some users are seeing it all the time for some symbols.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi wild, thanks for the report, a fix for this should show up in Build 726 or later.

(The Beta release that's coming out today or tomorrow is Build 724), so the one after that.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks DionLoy - I'll pass that information on to the other users I trade with. A lot of us were hit with that problem yesterday in the ER2.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X